Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HK P2000

HK P2000

HK has a rebate going for the VP9 and P2000. I shoot and carry the P30/P30SK V1 LEM about 95 percent of the time. Is there enough perceptible difference between the P30 full size and the P2000 full size to justify buying a P2000? I am mostly thinking in terms of concealment. I can conceal the full size P30 with a JM Custom Kydex IWB, but I have to be very judicious about my clothing choices. It looks like the butt of the P2000 is significantly shorter.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewbacca10 View Post
    HK has a rebate going for the VP9 and P2000. I shoot and carry the P30/P30SK V1 LEM about 95 percent of the time. Is there enough perceptible difference between the P30 full size and the P2000 full size to justify buying a P2000? I am mostly thinking in terms of concealment. I can conceal the full size P30 with a JM Custom Kydex IWB, but I have to be very judicious about my clothing choices. It looks like the butt of the P2000 is significantly shorter.
    P2000 is a G19 size (or slightly smaller).

It conceals well, especially if you use the flat mag base plates.

Quote Originally Posted by Chewbacca10 View Post
    Yes. The P30 is comparable to the G45. The P2000 is comparable to the G19.

I carried the P2000 for 5 years. I found it very easy to conceal well, and would recommend it instead of the P30 for a dedicated CCW primary due to the size. However, if you already have a P30 which works for most of the time, you may want to just stick with the P30sk since that will work for even more situations than the P2000.

If you do get the P2000, order some grip texture enhancement with it. Talon grips, Agrip, goon tape, whatever your preference. The P2000 has one of the most useless grip textures ever put on a gun, and changing that should be the very first thing even before you worry about sights or swapping the mag release for the larger HK45c paddle.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Addendum

I should also mention that I carry the SK version about 70 percent of the time.

Yes. For me, directly compared to the P30, the P2000 tracks flatter and more predictably as measured by targets and timer over many sessions. The batman grip feels good, but doesn't provide the feedback of the P2000s flatness. This was evaluated prior to the addition of grip tape which adds even more control.
    Participation does not equal Proficiency
    - Mike Pannone

I don't think you'll find a significant height difference between the P2000 and the SK. The P2000 may have a narrower, flatter grip that you might find advantageous. .
    David S.

I'm tempted by a 9mm P2000 LEM at a local gunshop, but as nice as it is, I'll probably pass. I'm exceptionally satisfied with my P30L V1.5 LEM, and have tailored the grip and backstrap combinations to exquisitely fit me, and I don't have a problem carrying it concealed-and have a veritable raft of IWB and OWB holsters for it, and sufficient magazines.

Nice as the P2000 is, I just really don't see it filling a necessary niche for me. Size-wize, I've got a Glock G19, and an inbound Gen5 G23. And it's priced around $1K, and I'd probably feel immediately compelled to switch out the miniscule magazine release lever with the larger one, and get necessary minimum 4-5 magazines, and an IWB and OWB holsters for it. Great gun, but the juice really doesn't warrant the squeeze for me.

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

@JonInWA

It's as if you don't know P30 holsters fit the P2000, and P30 mags work in the P2000.....
    Participation does not equal Proficiency
    - Mike Pannone

I've tried the P30 and P30SK, but ended up keeping the P2000 and P2000SK. As much as anything, I didn't like the finger grooves on the P30. I agree that a good stippling job really helps out the P2000.

Another option might to to consider the P2000SK (didn't check to see about the rebate on it). The P30/2000 mags, with the slip-on grip extensions give you the option of using the SK in its standard form or with the lengthened grip.

User Tag List