I had some free time today, so I grabbed a good friend and ran up to the foothills for some shooting. We sighted in a couple of rifles, practiced with our CCW guns and then I busted out my sub-4" revolvers for some fun. We shot my general purpose load of 158 SWC at around 1100 FPS and had a ball.

Name:  IMG_5056.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  65.7 KB

The Model 65 is defiantly to coolest of the bunch. The action is superb and the sights hit dead on with my load. I like the heavier barrel and the longer ejector rod.

The 19 is the most accurate (I guess a good set of sights does help). I really love the banana grips. They fit my hand perfectly and tame the recoil making follow up shots a breeze. The short ejector rod is kind of a bummer and slows down reloads.

The GP has become one of my favorite field guns. It is bull strong, very smooth, and more than accurate for field tasks. The size really mitigates the recoil and I could shoot my general purpose load all day with this gun and experience no discomfort.

Unfortunately we got shut down by a nearby brush fire so I was not able to shoot paper groups. On steel they were a blast and shooting double action is both challenging and fun.

If I had to pick just one.....well thankfully I don't. I like them all for their unique attributes and find them perfect size for packing around the outdoors.