Page 749 of 823 FirstFirst ... 249649699739747748749750751759799 ... LastLast
Results 7,481 to 7,490 of 8222

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Just finished watching the third and final season of Picard and it was pretty decent.

You can skip the first two seasons entirely, to be frank, and that would probably be pretty advisable, but S3 is decent.
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    ... we're even forgoing SNL to watch it tonigh.
    That's not a particularly high bar

I'm a "7" compared to most gun-guys, which means I'm a "3" on P-F.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    That's not a particularly high bar

I'd watch a ceiling fan circle and practice saying "Saigon, shit. I'm still only in Saigon."

Site Supporter
    Name:  Keri.png
Views: 375
Size:  48.4 KB

"The Diplomat" with Keri Russell as Ambassador Kate Wyler.
    I was expecting more action. She's married to superstar Ambassador Hal Wyler played by Rufus Sewell. Kate has experience in diplomacy in the middle east, and is known for working with Intelligence services. Expecting an upcoming post to another Middle eastern hot spot, she's caught off guard when she's posted, against her will, as Ambassador to London.
    The story is more about the intrigue and infighting in high politics. It has a subtle, dry humor that I really enjoy. I was afraid it would be overly woke, but it's not. If fact I think they take some subtle digs at wokeness.

And, Keri Russell. Name:  Keri-2.png
Views: 384
Size:  12.6 KB At 47, she'll still make a fella turn his head.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Bigguy; 04-23-2023 at 04:24 PM.

Site Supporter
    We started watching The Diplomat last night and we're even forgoing SNL to watch it tonight. Really enjoying it.
    Through Ep3 so far... Really enjoying it...

I know nothing about the Foreign Service, so, no need to suspend much disbelief...

Doesn't hurt that Keri keeps getting more beautiful with age...

It's funny how I can't watch Rufus Sewell in anything and not hate him for the malicious character he played so well in Knight's Tale... He's despicable in this too, albeit more charming.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Started watching Jury Duty on Amazon today. It's a complete riot. I didn't realize until several episodes in but it's not just a wacky sitcom. All the jurors except one are actors. I assume at the end they will reveal who the unsuspecting real juror is.

If you watch it when they get to the field trip where they find the shirts with JORF on them, don't do an online search for the meaning of the word. Both sites I clicked on had immediate spoilers that revealed who the real juror is. Thank you Duck Duck Go.

(BTW it's a fake word but it's supposed to be a term used by white supremacists to identify each other.)
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Doesn't hurt that Keri keeps getting more beautiful with age...
    One of my daughter’s best friends growing up, let’s called her Heidi, has always looked exactly like Keri Russell, only 15-20 years younger. It totally creeped me out when she (Keri) bared her bum in The Americans. I had to turn away and couldn’t enjoy the scenery or it would be like looking at little Heidi’s nekkid rear end.

I remember her as Felicity (my wife watched it, I'm sure I never did on purpose). I can't believe that was only 25 years ago, seems longer.

I remember her as Felicity (my wife watched it, I'm sure I never did on purpose). I can't believe that was only 25 years ago, seems longer.
    Didn't that series basically tank because during the season break she cut her hair?

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Over the past two months I rewatched the entirety of The Expanse. It was just as good as I remember. It really is the best sci-fi show I’ve ever watched. I’m still hoping they release a movie or another season or something, because there are still a lot of loose ends that haven’t been addressed at the end of Season 6.
    Great show, however one thing puzzled me. When a human body is exposed to the vacuum space, I read somewhere that your blood boils and you sort of disintegrate without a pressure suit on. That never happens, they sort of die and float away. All the other stuff seems to be grounded in physics (as we understand it today). What's up with that?
    Last edited by Tabasco; 04-24-2023 at 11:39 PM.

User Tag List