Thread: Bud Nealy fixed blade

Bud Nealy fixed blade

This is a perfect daily companion with ambi sheath.

www.EmpireOutfitters.com
    Custom Knives & Gear

Site Supporter
    Likes for the point on that...

What's the blade length and OAL?

Nice
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Thanks bud!

7 7/16”
    3 1/2” CPM154
    3.3oz
    www.EmpireOutfitters.com
    Custom Knives & Gear

I have the old-school Boker cocobolo version of this blade, with the equally old-school “MCS” sheath in the inside breast pocket of my velvet evening coat with tails. You never know when you might need to cut something in emergent fashion while at the symphony.

The Aikuchi is one of Nealy’s best designs. Light, flat, just right.
    The most powerful and harmful influence Trump has had on our politics…has been the effect on his opponents. They have been triggered into an orgy of self-mutilation—eager to amputate their own history and disfigure their own political traditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I have the old-school Boker cocobolo version of this blade, with the equally old-school “MCS” sheath in the inside breast pocket of my velvet evening coat with tails. You never know when you might need to cut something in emergent fashion while at the symphony.

The Aikuchi is one of Nealy’s best designs. Light, flat, just right.
    Bud's an old friend of ours. We used to spend a lot of time together with him and his wife at shows and dinners with an assortment of other miscreants. (You'd appreciate, @Totem Polar that he used to be a professional musician...a drummer.)

I still have one of his Wortac's, (with Daryl Meier damascus), and an Aikuchi 2 in M2 as I recall.

Great guy.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

@blues you’re for sure the custom blade guru brother! Love it.
    Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    @blues you’re for sure the custom blade guru brother! Love it.
    Trust me when I tell you that while I have a nice collection, it's nothing compared to the big boys. (I'm not complaining, just telling it like it is.)

Now the friendships I've shared with some of these characters? Priceless.

ETA: Back then, thinking on it, the group was Bud and his wife, Allen Elishewitz and his wife, Al Dippold, Howard Clark, and Hank Knickmeyer. It was a dangerous crew. (Al and Howard, were Master Smiths, and maybe Hank was as well, my memory isn't clear on that...but I think he was because he sold a ton of mosaic damascus.) Some good times...I can't even begin to tell you the stories.
    Last edited by blues; 03-19-2023 at 04:34 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List