Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Beretta bringing back the Cheetah series?

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    The only .380 JHP round worth bothering with is the 90gr GDHP, so most people are going to be shooting ball for adequate penetration.

.32ACP gives every bit as much penetration as .380 in FMJ form, is easier to shoot, and you get more rounds in the mag. There’s not a single .380 pistol that wouldn’t be better in .32ACP.

It’s literally like someone took the “9mm vs. .40” argument and left it in the dryer too long.
    I'm having pizza and diet soda for lunch. I read this and -with an amused snort- was rewarded with diet soda up my nose. Well played.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    That or make a Cheetah with the 92 decocker. I don’t get why they won’t do this. Well demand, but who cares about making money?!

If I had confidence in the Bersa TP9 or Thunder 9 or whatever it’s called, I would like the Bersa as a larger 9mm companion to an 80x. Similar controls and all.

There is is this guy who does YouTube videos of older guns/out of production gun/less common guns (like the 4506). Maybe he could put the Bersa through the paces. Just wish I knew who that guy was....
    Haha.

I actually had a Bersa TPR9c for about a month, last year.

I bought it because it's a rough facsimile of the P88 platform... and it was, like, $240 at my local Sportsman's Warehouse.

Name:  A295CE15-3D04-4B44-AADD-CC5988ABD853.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  39.5 KBName:  41D21264-364F-430A-9A43-E9CBB2A239A4.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  55.7 KB

The Good:
    -It felt good in the hand
    -It's very small--similar in size to a P2000SK, but better ergos in my opinion
    -The decocker felt and worked great
    -The levers were nicely contoured and not pokey
    -It was reliable in a box or two of ammo
    -While not finely finished, it seemed well made
    -No real complaints about the trigger in SA or DA

The Bad:
    -The trigger pinched the shit out of my finger
    -It's one of the few guns I've had where I genuinely felt it just wasn't accurate--like, it literally was the gun, and not me. Or maybe the sights were loose? I dunno...
    -The recoil was a bitch--legit made my hand bleed
    -It wasn't excessively thick, but it wasn't exactly thin either

Net Takeaway: Nah. I'm good.

Sold it off.

I was hoping I'd like the platform--Bersa has an entire line of metal, DA/SA guns that are still in production. But, based on that experience, I'm not sure I'd try another one. That said, maybe the full-size TPR9 is a lot better? Though I can't say I'm in any rush to find out.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 03-18-2023 at 01:27 PM.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Who says you can't have Italian on St. Patrick's Day?

https://www.themosincrate.com/shop-1

He's got decocker 84s (Fs) and non-decocker 84s (BBs) and even a few Browning BDAs (which I think are in .32?). Price seems in line with what I paid for my 85FS, about a month ago.
    Damn...waited too late in the day to get in some P-F...everything's marked SOLD OUT.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    Damn...waited too late in the day to get in some P-F...everything's marked SOLD OUT.
    Yeah, everything he lists usually goes within an hour or so of when he lists it--and it's not like he's giving the things away, either.

I feel like I'm in the wrong business...

Yeah well, it's not like I needed a .32 Cheetah, but still...

The only .380 JHP round worth bothering with is the 90gr GDHP, so most people are going to be shooting ball for adequate penetration.

.32ACP gives every bit as much penetration as .380 in FMJ form, is easier to shoot, and you get more rounds in the mag. There’s not a single .380 pistol that wouldn’t be better in .32ACP.

It’s literally like someone took the “9mm vs. .40” argument and left it in the dryer too long.
    I've heard good things about the Critical Defense loading in .380 as well, but overall you're correct as usual.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    Interest stirring. My last. 32 was a Kel-tec, before they sold to Ruger...my current gun-when-I-don't-think-I-need-a-gun is a 9mm LCR...

But the Mrs. Thinks the fast, snappy recoil impulse irritates the arthritis in her wrists. She prefers my 1911 in .45, but lacks the strength practice or carry it.

This might be her Goldielocks gun...

pat

Kel Tec sold to Ruger?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Kel Tec sold to Ruger?
    Maybe “sold out”?

I mean, the LCP is more or less a P3AT. I think.

Site Supporter

This. All .380s should be .32s and all sub 20 ounce .38s should also be .32s.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Maybe “sold out”?

I mean, the LCP is more or less a P3AT. I think.
    Little Copycat Pistol
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List