Page 103 of 137 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1365

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoore View Post
    Will the NRA Range survive this year? I sure hope so, but I'm skeptical.
    We lost a lot of part time range officers during Covid when the range was forced to close, but Henry (the new range manager) has been doing a great job at getting new ROs hired. With Elite closing to the public, the range will likely be absorbing some of that business, so it will likely be back to about how it was when we were the only option for a public range in the area (not sure what effect Xcal will have given that it is a little more out of the way).

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    ILA has separate funding. We have our own fiscal team per the bylaws that established ILA within the main association. So, ILA is part of the whole (c)(4) NRA, but it has its own funding. We can also use (c)(4) funds for a broader amount of our work. https://donate.nraila.org/donate

For donating to election work, giving to the PAC (NRA-PVF) is the most effective way. Those funds have the least restrictions for election use.

The most restrictive alternative is giving to NRA Freedom Action Foundation, which is a 501(c)(3) related organization that has a board comprised mostly of ILA staff. FAF funds were originally used mostly for voter registration (remember Trigger the Vote with Chuck Norris and R. Lee Ermey), but FAF is now used more to fund pro-2A litigation. https://www.nrafaf.org/donate/

And, thanks!

The below paragraph is from a deposition WLP gave for the current legal action. As you are defending ILA, please comment on the truthfulness of it. Thank you. p. Is for page of deposition.

P. 102: $2-3 million was transferred from ILA to NRA.

https://nraindanger.wordpress.com/20...re-deposition/

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    That’s just depressing. I can find no fault with the basic premise of the article.
    I can, a little. A cycle or two back, the NRA backed some 2A A+ Democrats in Missouri, who lost. OTOH, WLP's full-throated {deleted} of the last president was, well, a little inappropriate for an organization that supposedly only cares about one issue.

And I wasn't too happy about the NRA's silence over the killing of Philadro Castile. It gave the impression that one has to be a dealer being jerked around by the Feds for the NRA to care. But for a guy who allegedly got zapped by the cops for lawfully carrying a gun when the NRA supposedly supports the RTKBA, their silence spoke of something.

What broke the NRA's plate for me was the repeated and substantiated stories of WLP living large at the expense of the members.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I can, a little. A cycle or two back, the NRA backed some 2A A+ Democrats in Missouri, who lost. OTOH, WLP's full-throated {deleted} of the last president was, well, a little inappropriate for an organization that supposedly only cares about one issue.

And I wasn't too happy about the NRA's silence over the killing of Philadro Castile. It gave the impression that one has to be a dealer being jerked around by the Feds for the NRA to care. But for a guy who allegedly got zapped by the cops for lawfully carrying a gun when the NRA supposedly supports the RTKBA, their silence spoke of something.

What broke the NRA's plate for me was the repeated and substantiated stories of WLP living large at the expense of the members.
    I think you and I are mostly on the same page.
    The most powerful and harmful influence Trump has had on our politics…has been the effect on his opponents. They have been triggered into an orgy of self-mutilation—eager to amputate their own history and disfigure their own political traditions.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric_L View Post
    The below paragraph is from a deposition WLP gave for the current legal action. As you are defending ILA, please comment on the truthfulness of it. Thank you. p. Is for page of deposition.

P. 102: $2-3 million was transferred from ILA to NRA.

https://nraindanger.wordpress.com/20...re-deposition/
    I would expect that someone inside the organization, whether they had direct knowledge or not, would not be able to comment about ongoing litigation issues.

Understandably.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

With a stacked board and cooked nominating process, and too large of a board to even act in the first place, this appears hopeless to me. Bankruptcy court taking over might be the only path to saving the thing in some form.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I would expect that someone inside the organization, whether they had direct knowledge or not, would not be able to comment about ongoing litigation issues.

Understandably.

So Eric, did you embezzle that 10 million dollars that was alleged in the newspaper? “No”.

So Eric, did you embezzle that 10 million dollars that was alleged in the newspaper? -silence

I was hoping for a “no”, not a comment about the litigation. He has commented freely in the past about operations. Silence does not reassure me. But I’m not that smart.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    We lost a lot of part time range officers during Covid when the range was forced to close, but Henry (the new range manager) has been doing a great job at getting new ROs hired. With Elite closing to the public, the range will likely be absorbing some of that business, so it will likely be back to about how it was when we were the only option for a public range in the area (not sure what effect Xcal will have given that it is a little more out of the way).
    I'm concerned about the NRA at large being able to pay its bills and continue operating. I've read the NRA has maxed out its line of credit, and by June will run out of money and become a candidate for real bankruptcy (as opposed to the bankruptcy tactic tried recently and unsuccessfully in a Texas court).

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric_L View Post
    So Eric, did you embezzle that 10 million dollars that was alleged in the newspaper? “No”.

So Eric, did you embezzle that 10 million dollars that was alleged in the newspaper? -silence

I was hoping for a “no”, not a comment about the litigation. He has commented freely in the past about operations. Silence does not reassure me. But I’m not that smart.
    Well, to be consistent with your example, I for sure know that I didn't transfer or authorize the transfer of any funds out of ILA. Since Wayne said there was such a transfer, I imagine that's true. I don't know when it occurred or the details (if it was a loan, the partial return of some "mothership" funds, or just a direct funds transfer). To the best of my knowledge, that hasn't happened recently.

The NRA is a prime example of how you can give human beings all the resources and support imaginable, yet they'll still fuck up the end game through their own avarice.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List