Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm gonna make my own Stack-A-Toe, but better...with blackjack. And hookers.

Great thread! Is this the right trigger kit for a 2.0?

https://www.apextactical.com/action-...-kit-for-m-p-1

Asking because it appears to include the D/C TRS (unpainted) but has the HD sear spring (purple) instead of the D/C sear spring (unpainted). I don't see an option to have the unpainted D/C springs for both w/o buying the FST kit or a separate spring kit which I haven't even found on the Apex site....

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page...rod/DC-SPR-KIT

Thanks!

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSixPack View Post
    Great thread! Is this the right trigger kit for a 2.0?

https://www.apextactical.com/action-...-kit-for-m-p-1

Asking because it appears to include the D/C TRS (unpainted) but has the HD sear spring (purple) instead of the D/C sear spring (unpainted). I don't see an option to have the unpainted D/C springs for both w/o buying the FST kit or a separate spring kit which I haven't even found on the Apex site....

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page...rod/DC-SPR-KIT

Thanks!
    The one you linked on the Apex site is what I have in my guns. They included the duty/carry TRS and the purple sear spring. At one point Apex included multiple springs in the kits but it seems like late last year they trimmed that down to just the most popular combo.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    The one you linked on the Apex site is what I have in my guns. They included the duty/carry TRS and the purple sear spring. At one point Apex included multiple springs in the kits but it seems like late last year they trimmed that down to just the most popular combo.
    Great, Thank you!

Has anyone found a way to close the gap between the upper lip of the large backstraps and the frame/tang? The sharp edge is creating a bit of a hotspot in the web of my hand.
    David S.

Site Supporter

Apex Semi-Fit Barrels for Compact in Stock

Here. I just got the email.

Site Supporter

Two For The Price Of One

Not to hijack TCinVA's thread, and feel free to move this if needed. I absolutely agree with TCinVA regarding the Staccatos. Fine guns and yes I had one. A friend of KyleReese has the one I owned now. But it didn't give me anything these don't and I built up these two with RDS and WML's for $2600, just $100.00 over the cost of the Staccato I owned. And I have owned M&P's fine pistols as well.

I swapped the factory Grip Modules for Wilson Combat Grip Modules and added Wilson Extended Slide Releases and SIG Flat Triggers. Barrels and all internals are factory SIG. Mount the Romeo 1 Pro's and Streamlight TLR1HL's and I have two for one. The M&P is a fine pistol for the project. But my issued pistol is a P320 so I need to stay with the platform, and despite the dislike on PF for the P320 I happen to like them and shoot them well, however I do prefer the thumb safety versions, especially for AIWB.

Both pistols will average 4.10 lb trigger pulls on my Lyman Gauge and keep shots in the black of a B8 or the -0 of an IDPA Target when I do my part.

No Blackjack or Hookers were involved in this project.

Name:  M17M18.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  61.1 KBName:  M17 Completed.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  34.5 KB
    Last edited by MDFA; 02-19-2023 at 07:18 AM.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Site Supporter
    MDFA
    Big Kudos -you have clearly solved the hardware problem freeing your mind to solve the software challenges.

It is always heartwarming ( and dare I say validating/affirming) when a professional makes impactful decisions re their time/talent/treasure NOT based on what they “like”, or looks “cool” , or is “badass,” but rather- what advances the professional mission.

Tip of the hat, Sir.

PS- that brace of pistols looks cool and bad ass as well btw.
    Last edited by vcdgrips; 02-19-2023 at 08:52 AM.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    MDFA
    Big Kudos -you haves clearly solved the hardware problem freeing your mind to solve the software challenges.

It is always heartwarming ( and dare I say validating/affirming) when a professional makes impactful decisions re their time/talent/treasure NOT based on what they “like”, or looks “cool” , or is “badass,” but rather- what advances the professional mission.

Tip of the hat, Sir.

PS- that brace of pistols looks cool and bad ass as well btw.
    Thanks Brother
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Alright everyone, I just got word via email that my M&P Metal will be shipping to my FFL tomorrow. I will be running a (hardly scientific) shooting comparison between the Metal, my Apex'd 2.0 with both the Apex barrel and the OEM one, and the PDP 5".

Stay tuned.

What's the current thinking on comps for the M&P? Seems to be a somewhat confusing landscape of barrel and comp options with no clear favorite.

User Tag List