Page 34 of 76 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock OEM Performance Trigger

I haven't shot a support hand only group at 25 yards with my Glock in years, so I decided to try one using the new trigger. It was windy and the light from the berm made it hard to see the head, so I put some black tape on.

Name:  5CEA56BD-920E-4C06-833E-3B9CA7A02BCD.jpg
Views: 901
Size:  53.5 KB

Seemed Ok, so I tried one more.

Name:  0D02361C-33EF-4E38-A4A8-26D20EAE5015.jpg
Views: 900
Size:  42.3 KB

If I was more ambitious, I would have repeated this with a "regular" trigger lower, but I didn't.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by kitten_frenzy View Post
    Just installed mine. Not gonna lie, my highly polished overwatch precision felt cleaner. Lots of grittiness and creep with the Glock and the wall doesn't feel very defined. Might try some higher weight connectors, hmm.

Edit: Swapped to a regular (non-dot) connector and the wall and break feels a bit better. Still more creep than my overwatch though, which I did not expect tbh.
    The wall is less defined on purpose. It’s more of a rolling break that we all chased after for years. Now that we have it, people complain that it doesn’t have a hard wall. 🙄 It’s not a “glass rod” 1911 trigger, and never will be. But it’s the absolute best trigger Glock has ever produced. The fact that this is a factory part matters to a lot of us that carry issued pistols.

The best comparison for me is the Sig P320 trigger. If you like the 320 trigger, you’ll like the Glock Performance Trigger. If you love the factory Glock trigger, then don’t bother with the GPT.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate56 View Post
    The wall is less defined on purpose. It’s more of a rolling break that we all chased after for years. Now that we have it, people complain that it doesn’t have a hard wall. 🙄 It’s not a “glass rod” 1911 trigger, and never will be. But it’s the absolute best trigger Glock has ever produced. The fact that this is a factory part matters to a lot of us that carry issued pistols.

The best comparison for me is the Sig P320 trigger. If you like the 320 trigger, you’ll like the Glock Performance Trigger. If you love the factory Glock trigger, then don’t bother with the GPT.
    It can be both though. I have a plus connector in mine and it is a shorty glass rod break.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    It can be both though. I have a plus connector in mine and it is a shorty glass rod break.
    And now I have a plus connector on the way...
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

It's not bad but my biggest complaint is that on mine, the rolling break isn't smooth over half the time. Hopefully it breaks in via dry fire before I take it to the range.

Do you routinely carry your Glock with the slide partially out of battery? The point your missing is when fully locked in battery, the sear is completely captured as Texaspoff said. If you retract the slide you have taken tension off the striker.
    You missed my point but that's ok. I shall reiterate. Even with the slide fully in battery with both the timney and glock trigger it is possible to release the sear manually.

Just sayin'.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by HTM View Post
    You missed my point but that's ok. I shall reiterate. Even with the slide fully in battery with both the timney and glock trigger it is possible to release the sear manually.

Just sayin'.
    I missed your point as well. Can you explain in detail how you get the sear to release without pulling the trigger. It is unclear to me from your prior posts, but it is possible I didn't read them carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Really did the change in cadence on the partials in the second video!
    Would you say there is a fair amount of predictive shooting in those vids?

@Gio would you say so, as you understand the term? Glorious shooting.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HTM View Post

Just sayin'.
    Can you get the GPT to release the striker without pulling the trigger and without sticking a tool in the slide?

Can you get the GPT to release the striker without pulling the trigger and without sticking a tool in the slide?
    I have not via inertia. Junk guns, primed case, and brute force. Even if I were successful as long as the two other safeties are in place and not altered the firing pin safety would stop the firing pin from striking the primer. Also the case with the Timney.

User Tag List