Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Langdon Tactical Goes HK

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Thoughts on the manual safety?
    I’ve only played with it a little since I was out of town all weekend, but it seems completely workable. Positioning is fine for me, and I think I’ll be able to ride it with no issues.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’ve only played with it a little since I was out of town all weekend, but it seems completely workable. Positioning is fine for me, and I think I’ll be able to ride it with no issues.
    How would you compare it to a 1911?

I’ll do a side by side comparison tomorrow and report back.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

I’ll do a side by side comparison tomorrow and report back.
    I’m sorry, I never got back to you on this.

It’s a much smaller safety than my 1911s which wear medium sized paddles. Position is about the same for me in actual use, I’m sure it’s not in exactly the same place but the motion and on/off safe positions are not jarringly different to me. I use about the same part of my thumb to actuate the safety. The P30 safety is nice and crisp, too.
    Ken

Regarding the LEM conversion discussion, I think I’m going to pass for now - the whole purpose of my wanting a P30 was TDA. I’ll stick with v3 unless I can’t get on with it.
    The v3 and I am getting a divorce. I just can’t get used to the TDA trigger, especially compared to my LTT 92s.

So… I just converted it to v.Ihavenoflippinidea. I left the manual safety and decocker in place and LEMed it. Now I can safe it either decocked or in LEM mode and decock it all the way down, too - very much like decocking my P99c AS. I’m still playing around with the TRS, light is too light and makes the trigger return sluggish but both medium and heavy are workable, around 5.6# for the medium and 6.4# for the heavy. I have the special pliers so swapping them out is quick, I’m not sure which one I’ll end up with. I already have the GG SRT and straight trigger from before, they were reused for LEM.

My short time impression is extremely favorable. Let’s see how it does on the range.

Many thanks to one of our members who held my hand through the ordering and conversion process!
    Ken

A better comparison for manual safety on the HK P30LS is the Browning HI-Power MKIII's ambi safety. The positioning, size and feel are pretty much exactly the same to me.

I picked up a P30SK today as a potential G26 replacement. My intent was to only respring it, and if it works out send it to LTT for an action job including a GG straight trigger and SRT and a RDO cut.

To be honest, after swapping out the TRS to heavy and the FPBS to light, I may leave this alone other than the RDO. Maybe the solution is to pick up an eventual second from LTT with all the work done already, compare and then do this one if warranted.

I need to ask LTT if they can relieve the glove slot in the bottom of the trigger guard. That’s my only real ergonomic complaint.
    Ken

I saw photos of a shockingly poor finish on a P30 slide, purportedly worked on by LTT, posted on an HK forum. If that is a typical refinish job, I would be quite concerned.

But the real concern was the apparently improper interface between the slide and plate also shown on that post.

Now, LTT has a solid reputation around here, every company can make mistakes, and LTT has reportedly taken the piece back for evaluation. But if that post is genuine, that would definitely show a series of mistakes.

I have a few P30 and P30L pistols I was planning to send for optics cuts- but I do want to see how this shakes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    I saw photos of a shockingly poor finish on a P30 slide, purportedly worked on by LTT, posted on an HK forum. If that is a typical refinish job, I would be quite concerned.

But the real concern was the apparently improper interface between the slide and plate also shown on that post.

Now, LTT has a solid reputation around here, every company can make mistakes, and LTT has reportedly taken the piece back for evaluation. But if that post is genuine, that would definitely show a series of mistakes.

I have a few P30 and P30L pistols I was planning to send for optics cuts- but I do want to see how this shakes out.
    Agreed. For one, I think I would prefer if only the cut is refinished. I’m sure LTT will make this good.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post

I did not care for the finish on my LTT RDO P30 slides. The finish was well done, but I found it to be quite a bit more slippery than the stock finish. It was also too shiny for my taste, but that's a personal preference thing.

User Tag List