Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SIRT AR Bolt

I have been a very big fan of the SIRT pistol, and run it daily. I was given the SIRT AR bolt as a Christmas gift. Unfortunately, it was not a good product at all. The fit was a problem with a stock Colt 6920 (as many other will also attest.) Even once installed, it was clear the laser device itself simply did not work as sent from the factory. The company's customer service leaves much to be desired - essentially, their response was an email blaming user error after quite some delay. It wasn't worth the hassle to argue with them. I cannot recommend at all.

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Of the two SIRT pistols that I own, one has gone back for service. Communication was easy and quick, as was turnaround. I couldn't have been happier with the service.

It is unfortunate to hear that the SIRT bolt isn't working as well as their pistols, and even more unfortunate to hear that customer service for it hasn't been up to snuff.

The SIRT AR bolt has been on my "I'll get around to purchasing it..." list for a long time now. There always seem to be other things that come up before it though. Sounds like it will simply fall farther and farther down that list until I hear better end-user reviews.

Thanks guys. The only reviews I'd found seemed either paid for, or pretty shallow in depth.

My SIRT pistol has been a huge help in training and was hoping to see the same with the AR bolt

typing errors courtesy of tapa talk hd

I haven't used mine real hard but I feel it's helped my offhand shooting a fair amount, particularly when working on my weak side shooting. The trigger reset leaves something to be desired but it's usable. I'm not the most experienced AR shooter in the world so it's been helpful drilling in the notion of sight offset. Instant feedback when used with the LaserLyte target in the basement this past winter.

It ain't cheap but I'm glad I bought it.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

User Tag List