Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle of the Budget Wide Bodies. BUL vs Springfield Armory!

Chugging along

800 rounds and no issues. 1200 to go!

@mongooseman

Running the 2,000 round challenge?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Not ideal but it should work. This is the Steiner OEM Docter plate screwed onto the Springfield Armory Docter adapter Agency plate with the MPS clamped on. So a plate with a plate and then the optic.

Still allows for emergency iron sight usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Still allows for emergency iron sight

Has anyone measured its backup sights' height? I get it that they wanted suppressor height to play with optics but when I checked that gun out, them irons looked too tall to me. The fact that they are still visible with extra plate sandwiched in only raises that suspicion.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Has anyone measured its backup sights' height? I get it that they wanted suppressor height to play with optics but when I checked that gun out, them irons looked too tall to me. The fact that they are still visible with extra plate sandwiched in only raises that suspicion.
    Keep in mind that the Steiner has the emitter in the top of the housing and not the bottom like everything else. This means that the Steiner's window sits lower in the optic body. I doubt a similar double plate arrangement with a Holosun HE509T or Aimpoint ACRO would allow iron sight usage.

Something else I'm sure SA wanted was a front sight that worked with other optics. Had they gone with shorter irons that won't work with something like the Leupold Deltapoint would only anger the 10 or 15 people still messing around with that optic.

With all that said it would be a simple enough deal to install, or have installed, iron sights of a preferred height. The stock iron sight plate appears to be a Novak cut so probably any shorter Novak rear and corresponding SA front sight could be used. Similarly it shouldn't be a big deal to have new irons fitted that work with whatever optic is used.

This does all make me wonder if SA or Agency will sell alternatives for whatever rear sight these optics plates use. It looks smaller than a Glock rear. Might be a business opportunity here for someone like 10-8 Performance.

Site Supporter

SA one. Steiner zero.

One hundred rounds fired. Two with the dot. 98 with iron sights.

The MPS, which I have used previously on a Shadow Systems XR920, quit working after firing two rounds. Checking battery cap followed by changing battery did not help.

Anyway, this puts me at 900 rounds. Gun continues to run fine at present.

Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    @mongooseman

Running the 2,000 round challenge?

2000 Rounds of Gunsmithing. I haven't carried a 1911 based gun in years, and if I switch to something really different from what I normally own/carry,
    I run the 2000 not only as a break in, but to get acquainted. At 1200 round now, and no problems since I started lubing it like a 1911 instead of a plastic gun.

User Tag List