Page 188 of 234 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 2335

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    re: rust

I notice that Sig has a factory titanium nitride FCU option, though not all parts are coated. Has anyone tried that?

Has anyone tried an aftermarket hard chrome / np3 / etc finish? I'm not 'up' on the 365 FCU but the 320 seemed to have a reputation for fiddly bits that a plater not specializing in Sigs could get wrong during reassembly. Would that still be a concern?
    The TiN does not hold up. The TiN plating was coming off my barrel on the Spectre within 150 rounds. As for aftermarket coatings I had CCR do a ton of mags in, "Dusk" also a few slides and several internal parts and safeties. I believe it is electroless nickel boron nitride. The coating held up well on the slide except for the breach face and inside of the slide where the barrel hood makes contact, (to be expected) with the slide.

The coating on the barrel held up really well as have all the internal components and the mags, (I don't own the slides anymore). The mags have actually been exceptional in regards to corrosion resistance since. My only real gripe/issue has been with the safety levers. I have worn in through the finish on my safety levers and they rusts now. CCR's customer service is some of the best I have ever had and then some. The turn around was lightning fast as well. If NP3 wasn't so insanely expensive I'd like to compare the two over a period of one to two years.
    Last edited by Mike C; 09-20-2022 at 10:48 AM.

Site Supporter
    PMM is going to be offering new 365 barrels with the LCI removed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD3P6MOzPpU

My P365 just arrived today and I picked it up at my FFL.

I’m chuckling because apparently Sig has decided that none of these pistols or magazines will ever arrive rusty again.

The pistol and mags are all packaged inside plastic bags and practically swimming in oil.

No rust out of the box

Quote Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
    My P365 just arrived today and I picked it up at my FFL.

I’m chuckling because apparently Sig has decided that none of these pistols or magazines will ever arrive rusty again.

The pistol and mags are all packaged inside plastic bags and practically swimming in oil.

No rust out of the box
    That’s new!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
    Here's a study a blogger did where Corrosion X was featured and looked to be a good performer https://dayattherange.com/?page_id=3667
    Frog Lube did very well. I don't think knife users liked it because it gummed up pivots, but it should be excellent for coating magazines.
    --Jason--

63 pages in, and I have an interest in buying one of these as a pocket pistol. Cutting to the chase, will it fit in regular blue jeans pockets?

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    63 pages in, and I have an interest in buying one of these as a pocket pistol. Cutting to the chase, will it fit in regular blue jeans pockets?
    You'd need to wear jeans that had a relaxed fit and big pockets. I pocket carry a G42, but that's in Duiuth firehose pants that have giant pockets, and a relatively relaxed fit.

Then there's also the weight. I don't know how much a fully loaded P365 with 10 +1 rounds of 124 gr 9mm weighs, but I'm sure it's noticeably more than a G42 with 6+1 90 gr Gold Dots.

Kudos to Sig for shipping me a P365 without rust.

Unfortunately it appears I received a faulty P365, as the slide lock and takedown lever do not function. I'd rather be dealing with some minor surface rust than, what appears to be, a dead handgun,

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    It doesn't for me. It does fit in relaxed fit pants or any work/dress/cargo pants or shorts with slightly larger pockets. In the cargo-type shorts I wear during the summer, the pistol with 10/12rd mags fits fine in a Nemesis pocket holster.

I wear slim fit jeans and can fit a p365x in my pockets easily. That doesn’t mean it doesn’t print, but it does fit and I can carry that way fine (but don’t do it often because of slow speed of draw).

I can’t imagine a regular p365 would be a problem. I think the g42 is pretty similar in size but a bit more blocky.

W/r/t rust, I must have lucked out with my 365x. I am in Houston and carry it pretty frequently (including running and biking) and while it has been drenched in sweat, I have not had any issues with rust. I do wipe it down pretty often though.

User Tag List