Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Let's see those beat up carry guns!

My EDC Springer RO Elite in 9mm.

Name:  20220211_165841.jpg
Views: 721
Size:  40.5 KB
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Name:  thumbnail_IMG_0867.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  38.4 KBName:  thumbnail_IMG_0868.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  42.6 KB

Usual suspects

Name:  PXL_20220410_221839913.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  86.9 KB
    Name:  PXL_20220410_221917604.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  35.4 KB
    Name:  PXL_20220410_221851537.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  39.7 KB
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    The finish was called Tenifer, which from what I understand was a trade/brand name of their own version of finish. Whatever the specifics (salt bath nitriding, or whatever) it is an exceedingly durable finish and I too have noted that guns imported with that finish showed very little wear. It was an exceptional finish. I have a few Glocks with it and they have held up very well over the years. The frames have smoothed up a bit from handling but the finish continues to protect the metal no matter what the weather or condition they are carried in.
    American Glocks... Not so much. This one came lobstering with me for 10 years.
    Name:  IMG_20211103_141513.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  31.1 KB
    Last edited by 03RN; 04-10-2022 at 08:35 PM.

Name:  IMG_20211209_150840~2.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  31.7 KB
    This 66 has seen a lot of rounds and iirc 80% of my daily carry or so for the last 3 years. The kabar hasn't been carried in 17 years but stays in my glove box and helped butcher a few squirrels this year.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Name:  IMG_20211209_150840~2.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  31.7 KB
    This 66 has seen a lot of rounds and iirc 80% of my daily carry or so for the last 3 years. The kabar hasn't been carried in 17 years but stays in my glove box and helped butcher a few squirrels this year.
    Yut. That bayonet gives me certain kind of feelings

Pretty much the three I carry and train with most nowadays. The snub is a 365 day a year thing regardless of what else I have on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River;1341630[B
    ]The finish was called Tenifer,[/B] which from what I understand was a trade/brand name of their own version of finish. Whatever the specifics (salt bath nitriding, or whatever) it is an exceedingly durable finish and I too have noted that guns imported with that finish showed very little wear. It was an exceptional finish. I have a few Glocks with it and they have held up very well over the years. The frames have smoothed up a bit from handling but the finish continues to protect the metal no matter what the weather or condition they are carried in.
    Not really. From the very beginning Glock has coated their slides/barrels with Tenifer. It's a case-hardening process that also imparts rust resistance. But on top of that, they usually have applied some sort of blackening finish process that has really varied over the years. The very first Glocks, the P80s, had a very light green application over the Tenifer. But after that it's almost always been some sort of black. Glock has never (so far as I've seen) named the black finishes other than a black oxide. That's the actual finish.

The gen 2s was a very flat, dull black that is tremendously long lived.

Every GAP gun I've ever seen had what some have called the frying pan finish, both gen 3 & 4. It looked like it's name and was very tough but more attractive. It can be found on other models also.

Can you tell I'm a fan boi?

I've never carried this one, so technically, it's not my carry gun, but it surely has wear.
    1982 Sig P6 that I had purchased some time ago,and given to my father. I forgot about it until he gave it back to me.

When I got it back, it got new springs and new sights, and shot to make sure everything functioned.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    I've never carried this one, so technically, it's not my carry gun, but it surely has wear.
    1982 Sig P6 that I had purchased some time ago,and given to my father. I forgot about it until he gave it back to me.

When I got it back, it got new springs and new sights, and shot to make sure everything functioned.
    Does it feed HPs reliably? I remember reading that was the issue with those surpluses P6’s.

User Tag List