Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Somebody, make flush fit mags for Glocks please

Reviewer of the Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    Same is accomplished with this modification I came up with. It was actually done to extend the backstrap on the G19 since It always felt a little short for me. When I was still running Glocks, all mine were done this way.
    TXPO
    Any chance you could post a picture of one of these modded Glocks with a 17 mag inserted? I have a couple 17s I'm considering chopping.

Somebody, make flush fit mags for Glocks please
    I'd imagine you'd be giving up 3-4 rounds of capacity. Then there's the issue of polymer mags that are generally wider than steel mags, so the amount of manufacturers willing to make aftermarket reliable polymer mags, or reliable steel mags, would seem to be another issue.

I am giving up 5 rounds by having to carry a G26 or P365 90%+ of time anyway. All-metal Shield mags for G43x/G48 increased capacity over standard Glock polymer mags by 50% / 5 rounds although Shield also didn't think to offer a flush fit deal. Based on what we see manufacturers accomplish with all-steel mags like Shield or P365, I dunno if loss of mag capacity with flush fit mags is a given.

This is all rhetorical, of course. Mag makers are unlikely to see the demand, and Glock is unlikely to see the need as long as their sales are strong. That said, Glock is already losing a capacity-for-the size battle to P365s and Hellcats and Shield Plus. If they continue to stick those mags out by a centimeter, their standings with the concealed crowd will be harder to defend. I'am a big Glock fan and I kinda wish that it wouldn't happen.
    Last edited by YVK; 03-21-2022 at 11:32 PM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

All-metal Shield mags for G43x/G48 increased capacity over standard Glock polymer mags by 50% / 5 rounds although Shield also didn't think to offer a flush fit deal.
    The issue I see is that steel mags would have to fit in a magwell that was designed around polymer mags. Either you'd have to make thick steel mags, or you'd have to put divots/channels on the sides of the mag in order to make up the volume. Price and reliability would be a concern for me.

This is all rhetorical, of course.
    I get it, and I'm not trying to be a downer, but this is what initially popped in my head when I read the thread title.

User Tag List