Page 135 of 178 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1777

Thread: Lever Guns

Site Supporter
    @SecondsCount - If you don't already know, that's a 94 Angle Eject, which was designed to be used with a scope. The mounts and rings he used won't work on an older 94.

Site Supporter
    Double tap...

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    @SecondsCount - If you don't already know, that's a 94 Angle Eject, which was designed to be used with a scope. The mounts and rings he used won't work on an older 94.
    Mine is an 1894-1994 Anniversary model. Is that considered older?
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    Mine is an 1894-1994 Anniversary model. Is that considered older?
    If it's this model, it's an Angle Eject. You can see where it's drilled and tapped on top of the receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Thanks, Im pretty happy with it. I have a spare stock and Ace folding mechanism I want to integrate into it for a travel gun, part of the reason for cutting the barrel down. When i bought it the 16" guns were a couple hundred more than 20" guns, and not in my budget.

"How hard can it be to cut one down...."
    Beyond the handling characteristics that must be amazing now, what's the report of the 30-30 like out of a 16" barrel? Did the recoil change as well?
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Beyond the handling characteristics that must be amazing now, what's the report of the 30-30 like out of a 16" barrel? Did the recoil change as well?
    Well, the 16" 30-30s are pretty damned loud, similar to how 16" ARs are damned loud. For actual shooting Ill take a 20" gun in either type far and away over a shorter one (the 26" 30-30s are downright pleasant to shoot in comparison to either shorter length barrels), the shorter ones are easier getting in and out of vehicles with and kicking around in thick brush. I cant tell any difference in recoil, but a 30-30 doesnt really kick much anyway.

I think one big advantage of the 30-30 over an AR is lack of muzzle widget, which helps keep muzzle blast from being as nasty for the shooter.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Close range shooting with Winchester 1895. Sadly rifle is sporterized. Good smooth action and fast to shoot. That range day was first time with lever action rifle to me. Very enjoyable experience.

Site Supporter
    Mrs. MDFA's Rooster Cogburn Reproduction 1892 SRC Large Loop Carbine in .45 Long Colt and her 1873 "The R Model" Tribute .45 Long Colt SA. They are both reproductions of John Wayne's guns he used in Rooster Cogburn and True Grit as well as some of his other movies. My wife is a big fan of the "Duke" and can probably quote more lines than I can from his movies.
    Name:  Ginnys Duke Reproductions.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  65.1 KB
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    Mrs. MDFA's Rooster Cogburn Reproduction 1892 SRC Large Loop Carbine in .45 Long Colt and her 1873 "The R Model" Tribute .45 Long Colt SA. They are both reproductions of John Wayne's guns he used in Rooster Cogburn and True Grit as well as some of his other movies. My wife is a big fan of the "Duke" and can probably quote more lines than I can from his movies.
    Name:  Ginnys Duke Reproductions.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  65.1 KB
    You Sir have a keeper of a wife

Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    [.ATTACH=CONFIG]84939[/ATTACH]
    Those are beauties 😍

Is it 45 Long Colt or just 45 Colt?
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

User Tag List