Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I just picked up a 19.5 MOS...going to be my first attempt at a RD on a pistol

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    Same here, and paid the California Tax on it
    Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    Mine came out to right around $700 "Blue Line" pricing after all the fees and sales taxes were paid.

I'm scared to think of what you guys are paying for them.
    It was expensive for a Glock but worth it for me. I have been getting a ton of overtime and lots of stupid Biden Bucks at my work so it was worth the splurge.

I am getting ready to move out of state in a couple of years and plan on selling them (my Gen 5's) before I leave to make sure that California has a few Gen 5's out there for the normal folks. In the meantime I am going to shoot the heck out of it and give a RD on the pistol a try.

Mine came out to right around $700 "Blue Line" pricing after all the fees and sales taxes were paid.

I'm scared to think of what you guys are paying for them.

BNIB from a deputy for $1,500.00

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    BNIB from a deputy for $1,500.00
    Jackass.

I sold my non-MOS Gen5 G19 a couple years ago to a guy for $650, which is what I had into it at the time including tax and a decent set of sights.

These morons are going to get our ability to buy off-roster guns taken away.

Site Supporter
    I couldn’t resist, though I am still carrying without a dot for now because I don’t want to deal with maintenance.

Name:  E9CB3EF9-CA9F-4858-87CA-EEC51B6FC43C.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  72.1 KB

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I couldn’t resist, though I am still carrying without a dot for now because I don’t want to deal with maintenance.

Name:  E9CB3EF9-CA9F-4858-87CA-EEC51B6FC43C.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  72.1 KB
    Another MR Scree 32?

It looks like compact autos and compact packs go together quite well.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post
    Another MR Scree 32?

It looks like compact autos and compact packs go together quite well.
    It is, I found it on sale at REI in summer 2020. I commute to work by moto and it’s been my everyday pack with the waist-belt removed for a year and a half. The shoulder straps and flexible back stiffner make it way more comfortable than more casual gear. And while it might look out of place in some environments, I’ve gotten nothing but compliments when paired with riding gear and using it in an urban area.

I love that I when I add the waistbelt it makes a great pack for an overnighter in warm weather or on day trips out to the woods.
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 02-13-2022 at 01:09 AM.

Jackass.

I sold my non-MOS Gen5 G19 a couple years ago to a guy for $650, which is what I had into it at the time including tax and a decent set of sights.

These morons are going to get our ability to buy off-roster guns taken away.

Agreed, I hate supporting the ridiculous prices but there are not many legal means to get newer handguns.
    My prediction is that the off roster exemption goes away eventually.

Mine did not come from an LEO but rather an intrafamily transfer.

I have about 5 more years before I can leave. It's a shame because this place was once great. William Shatner reminds us, "Has been implies failure; not so! Has been's history, has been was, has been might again." but I think it is too far gone to "Might Again". I'm out. I will sell all my off-list guns before I go to help those who remain behind, not for profit but more as an act of defiance.

Anyways I will post an update after next weekend. I am going up to the desert to do some coyote hunting and will get a chance to do some informal shooting.
    Last edited by ECVMatt; 02-13-2022 at 10:57 AM.

MOS Plates

I would recommend replacing the oem optics plate with an aftermarket plate. The only complaints I can find online about Glock's red dot mounting system is about the mounting plates. C&H Precision has been my go to for a GEN 5 G19, a G45, and a MOS 43x. I have two coworkers who use them also and they have performed flawlessly so far.

User Tag List