Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Low Profile sights for the G19

Low Profile sights for the G19

Hey,

I am currently running Warren Tactical Sevigny sights on my 19 but I'm finding the rear to be just a little tall and sharp for AIWB carry.

What's a good replacement option for these? I'm hesitant to just throw caution to the wind and blindly order another set.

Thanks!

Site Supporter
    If height is an issue, look at the Ameriglo CAP sights.

I use Heinie sights, which are just as tall, and I don't find them to be as sharp/obtrusive as Warren/Sevignys.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post

I use Heinie sights, which are just as tall, and I don't find them to be as sharp/obtrusive as Warren/Sevignys.
    They can still be a little pokey if one is not as firm as they wish to be in the gut region.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post

Agreed. I carry AIWB with Warrens and the rear sight is just plain sharp. That said, it really only bother me when getting into the passenger side of a car (or a similar body motion).

I checked out a set of Ameriglos with a CAP front that Orionz has this weekend and I really liked them.

I've found the ameriglo defoor and operator to be tolerable. The hackathorns and other ledge sights cut me up.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    They can still be a little pokey if one is not as firm as they wish to be in the gut region.
    I'm gettin firmer - it's just taking time. Wait, what?

You will probably find anything from Ameriglo comfortable, other than suppressor sights. You didn't specify but I assume we are talking about night sights since it's a carry gun, regular 3 dot Trijicons are about as low as you will get.
    Shooter's Digest Blog

Have you looked at the XS Big Dots? The rear sight is not sharp at all, and is fairly low profile.

I'm no expert on handgun sights by and stretch, but those XS sights that I put on one of my Glock 19s are pretty comfortable for IWB carry.

These ones look like they'd do the truck. Now to find them in stock

http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produc...3.php?pid=GL11

Quote Originally Posted by arrigoni View Post
    These ones look like they'd do the truck. Now to find them in stock

http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produc...3.php?pid=GL11
    I have these on my G23 and I carry AIWB in a Raven Vanguard 2. Developed a mini spare tire over the past year and I've felt no discomfort with that setup. I'd be surprised if it could get more low profile than those sights. My M&P 45C has Trijicon HD's and when it gets worn AIWB, there's no way I could forget it's there (pointy little buggers). I'm thinking about putting TFO's on it for that very reason.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

User Tag List