Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer

Quote Originally Posted by John Ralston View Post
    First...He saig "Busch".. huh huh huh

Second...you drink it likes it water because it IS. I like a nice pasty stout myself...
    phrasing?

I don't mind a guinness now and again. There's a brewery in my old college town that has a "to be named later" stout, I think they have named it, but it was just short of amazingly delicious at the time I remember drinking it.

I do prefer to go to nice micro-brewery's or brew houses for a sit down meal. I like to get flights of their house beers and try 'em all.

ETA, we call busch lights, blue tasties in my family and friend groups. My grandpa will ask me if I've packed the blue tasties before we go out golfing. He doesn't even care if it's miller, or anheuser (Sp?) he just likes "light beer".

I know busch light is piss water, but when you're gonna drink 20 of em in a night, does it matter what the beers from #5 on taste like?
    OEF Vet
    Reading and Learning

Quote Originally Posted by Shokr21 View Post
    I call all the stuff you guys are talking about "snooty" beer. I like micro/craft/whatever the hell ya wanna call it, for a beer or two. I just can't drink it all night.

Where I'm from, BFE Iowa we drink busch/bud light like it's water, it doesn't taste exceptionally unique or "special" but it's beer, it's not a fine wine or a great whiskey, beer.

I know most serious gun people don't often drink to excess, I on the other hand do. I tended bar in a D1 college town for 3 years, where rail liquor is king and tap lines are dirty, where people just want to get shitty and take someone home/go home with someone. I still like to get out of hand every now and again, I don't do it in public, drink hard at home or at a buddy's place and stay there all night, or have my wife drive.

What I'm getting at, is I understand a good micro/craft beer, but when someone asks me what kind of beer I want after a day of work/shooting I want a beer flavored beer, light and domestic, please.
    As the old joke goes:

What does American mass-produced beer have in common with two people having sex in a canoe?

They're both f***ing close to water.

Now, that said, everyone has their own tastes, and what works for me may not work for everyone else. If you like Bud Light, by all means drink it I don't begrudge (or judge) you.

I was born in Munich, the home of the Oktoberfest, and raised in Germany, I know beer, it's in my DNA. That fizzy pee water bottled by the big names in the US? Yeah, that's not beer.

Bud Lite is my go to summer lawn mowing beer.
    For those hot days when iced tea or water just doesn't cut it and I want to maintain sobriety.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

LHS, nice joke man, I'll be putting that away for later use.
    OEF Vet
    Reading and Learning

Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    I was born in Munich, the home of the Oktoberfest, and raised in Germany, I know beer, it's in my DNA. That fizzy pee water bottled by the big names in the US? Yeah, that's not beer.
    And yet, Germans like American beer. I understand it's because they can drink several cases a day...

Smuttynose Brewing Company makes my favorite beers.

Really Old Brown Dog is my favorite, but they only make it once a year.

http://www.smuttynose.com/beers/the_...n_dog_ale.html

Site Supporter
    I'd recommend anything from the North Coast Brewing Company.

My go to is Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

If you can ever get a nitro pour beer at a place, go for it.

Happy Drinking,

Cookie Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    And yet, Germans like American beer. I understand it's because they can drink several cases a day...
    Had a buddy that grew up in Germany and could literally drink a case or more of American beer with little to no effect.

BTW, when I logged in today on the front page I see threads on cigars, pets, pants, guns, and now beer. Way to round it out Skyline
    Somebody bump the shaving thread and this will be the manliest forum ever.

Site Supporter
    Checking my drawers.

(** That Bud Platinum is NOT mine. I swear.)
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List