Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What will you do if new administration does AWB

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Anyone who is talking on an open thread about how they'll disobey the law and maybe engage in revolutionary acts:

A) Needs to have their head examined;
    B) Should pre-pay a hefty retainer to a criminal defense attorney;
    C) Might as well self-report themselves to the FBI; or
    D) All of the above.

On the contrary, reading public vows of full and willing capitulation also sends a message worth noting.

We're either best leaving this subject alone, or face the fact that free men and women are now already scared of government reprisals and free speech as we know it is dead.

If you've ever had the IRS threaten to freeze your bank accounts, credit cards, or garnish your wages you might begin to understand how the Government might compel an individual to "voluntarily" surrender personal property.

Including how you might have conspired to violate Federal law with information they obtained from computors they confiscated.
    Last edited by kitchen's mill; 10-28-2020 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    On the contrary, reading public vows of full and willing capitulation also sends a message worth noting.

We're either best leaving this subject alone, or face the fact that free men and women are now already scared of government reprisals and free speech as we know it is dead.
    Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The word “regulated” meant something quite different in the 2nd Amendment, when compared to the more contemporary world of ABC agencies and their control of our lives. A regulated watch, is a watch in good working order. British gun owners and makers speak of regulated barrels on shotguns. A “well regulated militia” referred to an effective fighting force, comprised of citizens, not a militia hamstrung by regulatory control. James Madison explained this in no uncertain terms. A militia regulated by the federal government would defeat the very purpose of the 2nd Amendment.

There have been many SCOTUS justices who were absolutely hostile to the 2nd Amendment, Warren Burger being one of the most outspoken. My state’s constitution reads like the 2nd Amendment: Article I, section 21 of the Pennsylvania State Constitution states: “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.” Judges and Justices ALL have their own political notions, and even their own agenda. Was Warren Burger more correct in his notion that the 2nd Amendment was “antiquated”, or was Antonin Scalia’s opinion more accurate?

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    As Judge Alex Kozinki wrote:

All too many of the other great tragedies of history — Stalin’s atrocities, the killing fields of Cambodia, the Holocaust, to name but a few — were perpetrated by armed troops against unarmed populations. Many could well have been avoided or mitigated, had the perpetrators known their intended victims were equipped with a rifle and twenty bullets apiece, as the Militia Act required here. See Kleinfeld Dissent at 578-579. If a few hundred Jewish fighters in the Warsaw Ghetto could hold off the Wehrmacht for almost a month with only a handful of weapons, six million Jews armed with rifles could not so easily have been herded into cattle cars.

My excellent colleagues have forgotten these bitter lessons of history. The prospect of tyranny may not grab the headlines the way vivid stories of gun crime routinely do. But few saw the Third Reich coming until it was too late. The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed — where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.
    The likening of the 2A to a "doomsday provision" struck me the moment I first read it. I see the 2A is an early application of the Nuclear Deterrent strategy of Mutually Assured Destruction. The irony of nuclear deterrence is that in order to prevent nuclear weapons from ever being used, one has to be willing to use them.

If the "armed population" is not willing to rise up against a government that has completely violated their rights and the basic contract of government, then there is no deterrence and frankly no point in even having the 2A. As @Sanch pointed out, if we loose our semi-automatic magazine fed rifles, then we are in a far weaker position to ever enact that provision.

I am dismayed by many of the replies I have read. What consuls me is the number of forum regulars who have refrained from comment. I have no desire to die on any hill, I have always been a "Boy Scout" and a law abiding citizen to a fault, but I also know that unlike my family who lost their nation to communism before immigrating to the USA - there is no "beacon of freedom" for which me or any of us to move should the Left succeed in nullifying the Constitution of the USA.

Mass confiscation of lawfully owned firearms is a line in the sand.
    Last edited by Suvorov; 10-28-2020 at 07:24 PM.

English Kings were not allowed to maintain standing armies in peace time, a standard the founding fathers sought to continue.

However, Kings were allowed to organize militias for their protection. To that end, they used their militias to conviscate private arms from their subjects.

One interpretation of the Second Ammendment is, that although it is understood that a well regulated militia is necessary, it will not be used to infringe on an individual's right to be armed for his own defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    As Judge Alex Kozinki wrote:

The likening of the 2A to a "doomsday provision" struck me the moment I first read it. I see the 2A is an early application of the Nuclear Deterrent strategy of Mutually Assured Destruction. The irony of nuclear deterrence is that in order to prevent nuclear weapons from ever being used, one has to be willing to use them.

If the "armed population" is not willing to rise up against a government that has completely violated their rights and the basic contract of government, then there is no deterrence and frankly no point in even having the 2A. As @Sanch pointed out, if we loose are semi-automatic magazine fed rifles, then we are in a far weaker position to ever enact that provision.

I am dismayed by many of the replies I have read. What consuls me is the number of forum regulars who have refrained from comment. I have no desire to die on any hill, I have always been a "Boy Scout" and a law abiding citizen to a fault, but I also know that unlike my family who lost their nation to communism before immigrating to the USA - there is no "beacon of freedom" for which me or any of us to move should the Left succeed in nullifying the Constitution of the USA.

Mass confiscation of lawfully owned firearms is a line in the sand.
    Golf clap. Lawfully owned firearms and lawfully owned “high capacity” magazines.
    Shoot more, post less...

If there is an AWB or high capacity magazine ban, it will not be the federal government enforcing it. After all, how many federal LEOs do any of you encounter in a year?

That means you are most likely to encounter a local police officer pulling you over for a traffic stop, checking your sobriety, or coming over to your house while you are away because your teenager threw a high school keger and there was contraband in plain sight that allowed them to enter your home. It will be the local cops who take you into custody after you use your banned weapon to defend your family from the guy robbing your house. Even if we go to the extreme measure of door to door confiscation, don't think for a minute that it will be the HRT or even the local FBI SWAT knocking on your door - there are not enough federal police for that. It will be just like Katrina with the local sheriff and police who signed off on your CCW who come knocking.

Sorry if I'm raining on a good Red Dawn circle jerk.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post

You know the old saying about “avoid stupid places where there are stupid people doing stupid things”? In my estimation, this thread qualifies.

I’m putting this thread on “ignore”.

Color me “gone”.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Sorry if I'm raining on a good Red Dawn circle jerk.
    My Red Dawn circle jerk involved 12 year old me machine gunning commie paratroopers as they were floating to the earth, or hung up in trees. It was really pretty epic.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Gosh,

I was hunting wolves in the mountains and left mine leaning up against a tree somewhere on this map:

Which state were you hunting in? We'll need to check your license.

That's too easy.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List