Thread: Any problems with Aguila Ammo in S&W M&P 2.0 ?

Any problems with Aguila Ammo in S&W M&P 2.0 ?

Multiple failings to feed with Aguila out of 40 cal M&P 2.0
    Had different boxes of training ammo, all worked flawlessly besides the Aguila white box.
    Just wondering if anyone else has had the same results.

Sounds like YOUR M&P does at any rate. I've never had any problems at all with Aguila ammo. I shoot a lot of it in 9mm and .22. It's always been reliable and shot clean for me. Infact it's one of my preferred brands for practice ammo.

Aguila 9mm 124 gr ran fine for me in just about everything including an M2.0. No experience with their loads in .40S&W.

I put several hundred rounds of many types through my M&P 2.0 .40 and it definitely preferred the rounder-style bullets over the squat/sharp truncated cone shapes. Hope this helps, from my notes:

Bad:
    Fiocchi 170: Several FTFeed
    Aguila 180: Several FTFeed
    Magtech 180: Occasional FTFeed on reload, slingshot and slide release
    PPU 165: One FTFeed on reload, slingshot
    Get On Target 180 (remans): God awful accuracy, fed reliably

Good:
    UMC 180: 1 dead primer in ~1500
    Independence 180
    Blazer Brass 180
    Winchester purple 180: 2000 rounds perfect
    Lawman 180 & 165
    PMC bronze 180
    HST 180
    Last edited by ArgentFix; 04-29-2020 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Forgot HST

Not an exact answer. I ran 10 cases of Aguila 124 thru my Colt 6951, STI 9mm and Glock 19s. All perfect and it became my go to ammo.
    I bought a new Wilson Combat EDC x9 and the Aguila would not go into battery 100%. With this stupid panic going on the only other range 9mm I have is S&B and a case of it ran fine. Back to the Aguila and same issue.
    Took a 1 day class with Hilton Yam and my STI stopped running right. This is a gun I have owned for 12 years and never had issues with. Yes using Aguila. After the class I still have not figured out why it went down.
    While just being limited to 2 types of ammo I am pretty sure the Arguilo is the issue. Maybe poor QC.

Quote Originally Posted by 40holder View Post
    Multiple failings to feed with Aguila out of 40 cal M&P 2.0
    Had different boxes of training ammo, all worked flawlessly besides the Aguila white box.
    Just wondering if anyone else has had the same results.
    If you're a reloader, you could probably figure this out. What you would do is measure overall length with some calipers and/or check a sampling of these rounds in a .40 case gauge. Also, post a picture of a sample malfunction.

Or, trade off that ammo and drive on
    #RESIST

User Tag List