Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1911 Smith

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    https://www.geminicustoms.com/

I've used him in the past, I wouldn't hesitate to use him again.

-Sent using Tapatalk.
    Unfortunately, the 1911 page of his website states he is not accepting 1911 work at this time.

Dave at Defensive Creations does some nice work. I've handled and shot a couple of his full custom 1911s, and seen some of his other work like the addition of a beavertail to a HP. As a machinist by trade, his work is clean and sharp. Not sure what his wait time is.

When looking for a 1911 gunsmith, I look for a guy who talks numbers.

If he mentions a radius with a number, that's good. Good 1911 gunsmiths work to a set of prints. They don't just fit parts. Just fitting parts leads to trouble, and implies they don't do the work to a set standard. You can even ask the question bluntly - do you work to a set of prints?

Chris James at Combat Precision Technologies www.combatprecision.com. He built me a lightweight full size in about four months a little over a year ago.

Also recommend Dave Berryhill, but I'm not sure what his wait list looks like now.

Site Supporter
    The Springfield Custom Shop does quality work on many non Springfield guns with a wait time that is typically measured in days and weeks as opposed to months and years.

David Barnes
    www.vcdgrips.com

I've been very pleased with my one experience with MARS Armament. He is not lightning fast, but he builds working guns. I would call him and chat about lead time based on his current workload.

How is your gun not reliable?
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by dbateman View Post
    Good 1911 smith here.

http://1911doctor.com/
    I'll agree with this post. I just got a Colt back that Rob worked on and the work is above expectations, turn around was good also.

User Tag List