Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Star Gear AIWB (Casual Carry)

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    That's not a tuckable clip is it?
    It is positioned such that if one where to attempt to tuck it they could stuff some shirt behind it. One or two people already have but I'm just a tuckable hater. I have a few irons in that fire and a solution that sucks less is about as good as it will get.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

That's not a tuckable clip is it?
    You can kind of tuck it. There is enough space to fold some cloth around. I would not call it "tuckable" but it is close enough for most things.

The wife bought a kydex holster from the falsh-bang folks, that version of the clip IWB holster has a crappy clip that is set up to be tuckable, sits way to far from the body of the holster itself. I think flush against the holster is the best bet. Was just curios and couldn't remember from my quick look while at Paul-E

The wife bought a kydex holster from the falsh-bang folks, that version of the clip IWB holster has a crappy clip that is set up to be tuckable, sits way to far from the body of the holster itself. I think flush against the holster is the best bet. Was just curios and couldn't remember from my quick look while at Paul-E
    It does have a tucking feature.

I got my mom one of these for her 642. She doesn't wear belts, so I figured this would be perfect for her. I of course tested it out for her. Keeps the grip tucked, draw is lightening fast, works with gym and no-gi shorts. I don't know what more you could want from a small gun holster.

My mom wears it strong side. I was using it AIWB.

The clips are great too. Got a CP sheath using one of these clips. You could theoretically always have a CP on you if you're wearing at least boxers.

DSG hit it out of the park with these IMHO.

Would something of a g19 size gun work with this type of clip well?

Site Supporter
    IME: Guns as large as a Glock 19 tend to need the grip tucked in to prevent printing. I don't' find that's easily achieved with a simple clip, it often needs wider spaced loops, or one solid loop. I prefer one solid loop.

Pretty much what JV said. The recent trend has been for people to make single loop vertical IWB holsters and that has skewed what an appendix holster is. The G19 though may be borderline. The smaller guns do happen to work for most without a wedge.

If you eased up on the concealment needs it may be fine but then you have a belt requirement that dictates what pants to wear. I have a product to help there but it's not finalized.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

FIST does it pretty well for a G19 and a single clip (fishhook thing inside the clip) with their #1K straight drop option. I think their angle is that they seat the semiauto pistol deeper than many so the need for additional engineering engineering or loops to tuck the butt in per se is unnecessary in my experience of using them for quite a few years.

And I've been reading for years of course that without a full grip available on the pistol the holster is defective but my personal SME-ness carrying this way for many more years indicates that is not necessarily so. I've shot as good of timed drills with deeper riding AIWB and IWB as I have with OWB, yet the deeper sitting pistol is concealed better. YMMV

Edit: Not trying to be a dick mentioning another brand, only to mention design points around single loops or single clips and the topic of ride height.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I've shot as good of timed drills with deeper riding AIWB and IWB as I have with OWB, yet the deeper sitting pistol is concealed better. YMMV
    Your experience is counter to mine. I find that hitting my knuckles on my belt, when I practice my draw, does slow me down. Not only does it slow me down, but after 100 draws it gets quite irritating. I strongly prefer a higher ride height.

Body type probably plays a big role.

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post

if you're wearing at least boxers.
    Not an option
    Chris T Abernathy
    Business Development Manager
    XS Sight Systems, Inc. | XSSights.com
    F2SConsulting.com | FB@ Facebook.com/F2SConsultingLLC

User Tag List