Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Dark Star Gear AIWB (Casual Carry)

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Distinction: what JHC has isn't necessarily an AIWB but rather a straight drop IWB.

Should be able to drop the ride height with the other set of holes or new ones.

There was a box of lemonheads in the holster. ???

Cool. I thought for a minute that using the lower holes would raise it. I may be dyslexic for spatial relationships.
    Last edited by JHC; 08-10-2015 at 10:06 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Nope, you're right, they'll raise it. A set of holes above the current ones will drop it. The block has room both ways. A 1/4" bit should do.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Nope, you're right, they'll raise it. A set of holes above the current ones will drop it. The block has room both ways. A 1/4" bit should do.
    OK, no rush, I need to work it harder. The design is elegant in it's simplicity and form factor. I wish I'd gotten the modest "sweat guard" on some of my other brand holsters like this one has. Not for sweat but for some of the sharp rear sight edges. Nice.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Been using mine a lot lately for my 642. I am going to the range this Friday to try out draws from concealment. Had mine awhile but just started using it. I'm loving it. Very comfortable and well hidden.

Used the G17 version of this holster today with my chopped G17 with gi pants on. I didn't go running or jumping in them, but wearing it around I had no issues. Pretty neat. Didn't think you could go belt less on a full sized gun.

I've now concluded that this Lemonhead, although conceived for IWB straight drop, it the most comfortable AIWB holster I've used for a Glock pistol.

It carries just a skosh high vs my FIST or VG2 for max concealment but it conceals very well still and it very comfortable and quick. I shot a 5.43 clean FAST this morning from it, carried under an REI vest.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/780361...posted-public/

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I've now concluded that this Lemonhead, although conceived for IWB straight drop, it the most comfortable AIWB holster I've used for a Glock pistol.

It carries just a skosh high vs my FIST or VG2 for max concealment but it conceals very well still and it very comfortable and quick. I shot a 5.43 clean FAST this morning from it, carried under an REI vest.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/780361...posted-public/
    Excellent! I have a little attachment coming that you'll have to try.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Star Gear View Post
    Excellent! I have a little attachment coming that you'll have to try.
    I considered drilling higher holes but the current holes are on that "raised" section and higher they drop to the lower holster body and I'm afraid it'll throw something out of wack.

User Tag List