Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oktoberfest!

I've been, during World Cup in '06 we had a gathering there with some friends from the KSK. But I wouldn't say "frequent" it.

My regular spot is in the village Boblingen, about 15 minutes from the Stuttgart airport. There is another nice little drinking establishment on the beach in Eckenforde where I spend a decent amount of time when I am in that part of the country.

This thread makes me want a beer. Never been in Germany for Oktoberfest but would love to be there at least once for that before I go toes up. Good German beers are a real vice of mine.

Preach it brother. I'm a hells junkie. When I go over seas, I fly luft every time. Ask me why

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

I used to like German food and beer, but now prefer black tea and Afghan food.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Ok Fred.........I'll trade ya.

You can have all the black tea, and rotten goat meat you want.......I'll bring plenty back.

And you can bring me pretzels, sausages, and Hefe.

We'll just do a trade based on gross weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    gross weight.
    I see what you did there...

Personally, I prefer no-name beers in random villages all over the old germanic kingdoms. Especially as you head north and the weather turns cool, a local schwartz with some heavy stew, brown bread, and fries. With my complexion, they know I'm not local, I like to see how long I can pretend to be Spanish (indefinitely) or Italian (depends how good the waiter's Italian is) or random north African/middle eastern (not long at all once I open my mouth.) I rarely drink to excess, but the fun-loving folk around there have succeeded in getting me into more schnapps than I'm proud to admit...
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

User Tag List