Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oktoberfest!

Oktoberfest!

Oddly enough I was born in Munich but had never been there for an Oktoberfest.

Something else to add to my bucket list.

Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    Oddly enough I was born in Munich but had never been there for an Oktoberfest.

Something else to add to my bucket list.
    Same same, except for the born in Munich part. This was held in the Republic.

Do I see schweinshaxe there?

*I have never been a fan of Octoberfest beer, the crystal and malt are off for my taste. I prefer lagers, pils, and hells.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911guy View Post
    Do I see schweinshaxe there?

*I have never been a fan of Octoberfest beer, the crystal and malt are off for my taste. I prefer lagers, pils, and hells.
    That is lamb shank, quite good too.

An Addison cop told me that the Octoberfest there is the second largest one in the world, with almost 70,000 attending.

It's been a while since I was there. The Paulaner spokesguy is supposed to be pretty funny.

I believe Stuttgart holds that honor. My wife is using that trivia to get me to move there this summer.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Stuttgart has a very large Oktoberfest. I don't know about records, or any of that sillyness, but I know that there is no shortage of beer loving people in that area.

Having been to both the Munich and Stuttgart Oktoberfest's, I would go to the Stuttgart fest over the Munich fest. Much happier crowd, and a little more organized/maintained/cleaner/etc.

I enjoyed both, but I prefer the Stuttgart fest. I've been 3 times to Stuttgart fest, and twice to the Munich. You'll have a good time regardless of where you go.

If one has the funds and the time, a week in Dublin during Saint Patty's is another worthwhile foreign drinking excursion.

Can you still rack out on top of the lockers at the München Hauptbahnhof?

We used to take the train from Pfullendorf to München with nothing but a fart sack and a fist full of Deutsche marks. After they run us out of the bier tents for the night we'd roll the sleeping bags out on top of the lockers at the train station and sleep till the Polizei woke us up in the morning for a reboot and the party started all over again.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

Sean,
    Ever frequent the Bier Teufel in Stuttgart?
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

User Tag List