Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: favorite Bourbon

Quote Originally Posted by john556 View Post
    The correct answer is Scotch.
    Indeed.

Spending so much time in KY over the past couple of years has been educational in the bourbon department. But no matter how many tours of the distillery's on the Bourbon Trail I make, none have convinced me to select even the best bourbon over my cheapest Scotch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    Indeed.

Spending so much time in KY over the past couple of years has been educational in the bourbon department. But no matter how many tours of the distillery's on the Bourbon Trail I make, none have convinced me to select even the best bourbon over my cheapest Scotch.
    Depends on my mood. When it comes to sipping whisky, I'll take my $20/liter bottle of Costco bourbon over a $40 bottle of Glenlivet 12 most any day. That said, I'd prefer to drink Lagavulin 16 over just about any bourbon I've ever tried.

FTR I went through a Scotch phase a couple of years back and it lingered until sometime last year. Angel's Envy got me back into Bourbon and now I really don't see myself going back. Don't get me wrong .... I've enjoyed some good Scotch. I'm just more of a Bourbon kind of guy.

No mention of Wild Turkey.
    .. Kickin Chicken as we call it here...

Woodford Reserve
    Ridgmont Reserve
    Jefferson Reserve
    Knob Creek

Those so far are my Faves..
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    No mention of Wild Turkey.
    .. Kickin Chicken as we call it here...
    Back when I was in high school, some of the boys from out back of town used to guzzle a concoction they called 'Kickin' Chicken'. It consisted of about three fingers' worth of Mountain Dew in a 20oz soda bottle, filled the rest of the way up with 100-proof Turkey. Not my cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Back when I was in high school, some of the boys from out back of town used to guzzle a concoction they called 'Kickin' Chicken'. It consisted of about three fingers' worth of Mountain Dew in a 20oz soda bottle, filled the rest of the way up with 100-proof Turkey. Not my cup of tea.
    Maybe 101? It is strong stuff. Wild Turkey can stand on its own...Give it a try.

I picked up a bottle of Old Weller Antique the other day on my local shop owner's suggestion. It is a 107 proof wheated Bourbon and I like it so far. I also like the offerings from Colonel E. H. Taylor (when I have the money to spend).
    My other favorites have already been mentioned: Eagle Rare, Buffalo Trace, Bulliet, Elijah Craig 12yr, etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Just picked up a bottle of Texas bourbon I've yet to try.
    Balcones Baby Blue corn Whiskey (Their True Blue was out of stock)
    Heading to the market to find some complementary meat to grill/smoke.
    Finally having a day under 90 today. Was 62'F when I started the bike this morning.

TGIS
    Following up.... The Balcones Baby Blue was a bust. Tasted like Canadian Whiskey to me, more so than Bourbon. It did have some good moments as it opened up.... Some vanilla, a big tobacco note at one point, but after a first round neat and them some rocks, it was relegated to mixed drinks.

Two thumbs up for Knob Creek Single Barrel though.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Favorite Bourbon: Makers Mark

Favorite Whiskey: George Washington's Original Recipe Rye Whiskey. This is amazingly smooth and flavorful with a great lingering aftertaste.
    http://caskers.com/product/george-wa...n-rye-whiskey/
    http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2...key-distillery

Favorite Drink: Captain Morgan on the Rocks.
    CC
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

User Tag List