Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: 9 mm: Glock vs M&P

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Most of the current M&P9's I've shot have good triggers that get even better after 1000 rounds or so--in fact I strongly prefer the current stock M&P trigger to a current stock standard connector Glock trigger. The current M&P triggers are good enough that an Apex Tactical kit is no longer a mandatory install for me.

Likewise with the ones I've gotten to see and/or shoot, the current M&P9 and current 9 mm Glocks shoot with essentially the same accuracy out of the box.

Several recent high profile OIS incidents using M&P's show that they are quite capable of making hits at targets from 23 to 104 yards...

The current M&P's keep up with Gen 4 Glocks? That's a serious improvement.

Vending Machine Operator
    I recently got my Qualified Professional credentials approved at Bud's and they have the LE M&Ps for $399. If the trigger has improved that substantially, my already beleaguered credit cards may be shouldering a new burden.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    The 104 yard shot was with a .40 though. Were they exhibiting the same accuracy issues as the 9mm's?
    Orionz if it means anything, the 4 recent manf (2013 after) exhibit good accuracy. I was able to shoot three inches at 25 (I suck) and was shooting a reduced idpa steel target at 50 and 75on a walk back drill. Went 4/5 on the first run and 5/5 on the second. Other three full sizes did well to.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    The 104 yard shot was with a .40 though. Were they exhibiting the same accuracy issues as the 9mm's?
    I don't think so. Certainly the .40's I've shot were reasonably accurate and I haven't read about a problem with the .40's.

I'm going to sell off the PPQ and get something else for HD... G19/G17/MP9

The MP9 I shot at the range (not new stock) felt good. Going to go back and compare the Glocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasage View Post
    I'm going to sell off the PPQ and get something else for HD... G19/G17/MP9

The MP9 I shot at the range (not new stock) felt good. Going to go back and compare the Glocks.
    What can another gun do that the PPQ you have now can't?

Quote Originally Posted by mizer67 View Post
    What can another gun do that the PPQ you have now can't?
    I wanted to keep the triggers consistent and possibly get a larger carry option.

I tried carrying the PPQ and the subtle difference in size made a difference to me. I would consider possibly a 19 for HD and CCW if I wanted to upgrade from a 26.

I also have a Shield and would be tempted to try a new MP9 for HD (but wouldn't carry due to size.)

I don't have any complaints for the PPQ, other than finding a kydex holster took some time but now seem plentiful.

10 rd 25 yd slow fire groups of six M&P9's compared with six 3rd gen G19's, both firing Federal 147 gr AE9FP FMJ:

G19's: 100-7x, 100-4x, 100-3x, 99-4x, 96-2x, 93-3x
    M&P9's: 100-3x, 97-2x, 96-3x, 96-2x, 94-3x, 94-3x
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Doc,

You've indicated on several occasions the gen4 glocks are now good to go. When would you say they started producing the good guns?

2014 on seem good to go.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List