Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Glock out of the weeds?

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    AGT - that's a very difficult question to answer. . I'm also in violent agreement with our friend Nyeti, who has probably forgotten more about the LEM than I'll ever know, that the LEM is, quite possibly, the finest "street" trigger available for LE - since we (hopefully) spend a lot more time pointing pistols at people in stressful situations than firing pistols at people...
    Hope that helps!
    Regards,
    Kevin
    Kevin, first, can't thank you enough for the advice and wisdom. I should also point out that I'm no where near the level of shooter as you and many others are here, so your input is essentially "artificial experience" for me. I perhaps should not have muddied the waters by mentioning the 555 COF. The 555 is really a goal to improve my shooting skills to make me a better combat (self defense) shooter. Soooo, the REAL question is which pistol makes the better combat pistol for personal defense...a glock or the P30 LEM? I suspect I know your answer, but I'm still curious to hear your thoughts.

Another data point. I have a Glock 17 4th Gen that I use in competition. Purchased in Feb 2011. Ran fine until about 4000 rounds when I had some stovepipes, replaced RSA ejector and extractor and all went well again until about 6500 rounds when I had a few stovepies. I'm getting another RSA in the mail. I'm hoping that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    That may be. But between the three adult shooters in our family we now have 12 guns with later than M-series and they have all run well (so far as they say) with round counts ranging widely from 700 - about 11K.
    I'm glad to hear that you've had good luck with all of those. I thought the problems were just more forum blather until I encountered them personally.

Glock has had a lot of problem guns. And a lot of others that run.
    That's why I say it's a role of the dice buying a Glock 9mm. You may buy one and have no real problems over many thousands of rounds or put several hundred rounds through it and believe it's a good only to get BTF.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    The sub compacts including the G26 had the dual recoil spring design prior to the Gen 4 model being available. The compacts and full size had the single spring prior to the Gen 4 models.
    Thanks for the information. I wasn't aware of that.

Even though the gen 4 G26 has always had the dual captive RSA, wouldn't it still share the same problematic extractor/ejector as its big brothers? As far as I know, the RSA was one of the first issues that the gen 4 experienced, going through several iterations, but now the problem has moved on to the extractors and ejectors or a combination therein, which would affect more than one pistol, correct?

I seriously think the changed grip angle on the gen 4 guns is part of the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    I seriously think the changed grip angle on the gen 4 guns is part of the issue.
    I would be curious to know more of your thoughts on this theory. And is it the grip angle or the reduced grip circumference causing slight internal reengineering?

Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    I don't know what it is, but something is different about Gen 4 Glock 9's that require the 30274 ejector, where the Gen 3 pistols use the 336 ejector. I would love to see a Gen 3 Glock 17/19/34 that had the Gen 4 texturing, and nothing else. While I like the slightly smaller frame on the Gen 4, if the "cost" of that frame change is a redesign of the trigger system, which has produced a less desirable trigger than the Gen 3, I don't think the reduced size is worth it.

Back to Todd's article "Trust No One."

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    While I like the slightly smaller frame on the Gen 4, if the "cost" of that frame change is a redesign of the trigger system, which has produced a less desirable trigger than the Gen 3, I don't think the reduced size is worth it.
    I know I may be in the minority, but I prefer the stock GEN4 trigger to every other trigger combination I have tried in a Glock.
    C Class shooter.

User Tag List