Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Mission Drives the Gear Train: Raccoon CQB

Quote Originally Posted by JeffJ View Post
    He would have been DRT if you'd lost the boxers and added a Viking helmet
    Raccoon would have thought I was Bolke and surrendered.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Not a coon, but yesterday, the dog and I had an unpleasant encounter with a ground hog that first tried to get at the dog through a chain link fence then moved down the fence until it found a spot to get under and charged us. I pulled the dog out of the way with one hand and shot him with the other at maybe two yards. Was later told that there have been a couple of confirmed cases of rabies in the area which might explain its aggressiveness.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Not a coon, but yesterday, the dog and I had an unpleasant encounter with a ground hog that first tried to get at the dog through a chain link fence then moved down the fence until it found a spot to get under and charged us. I pulled the dog out of the way with one hand and shot him with the other at maybe two yards. Was later told that there have been a couple of confirmed cases of rabies in the area which might explain its aggressiveness.
    For dog owners, I think one hand shooting skills are especially important.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    For dog owners, I think one hand shooting skills are especially important.
    Yes. If you have a big dog, you also can anticipate being jerked off balance when the gun goes off, unless you've done some serious pooch training.

And to be clear, I've no doubt a regular .22 to the noggin will put paid to Mr. Racoon. I'm sketchy on the Colibris though.

Guess I should have checked the date. But I still like to stick creatures with an arrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    And to be clear, I've no doubt a regular .22 to the noggin will put paid to Mr. Racoon. I'm sketchy on the Colibris though.
    I have not found that to be particularly true.

Then again, the experience occurred in real life and not the internet, so I'm sure internet raccoons die instantly when shot in the head.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post
    Then again, the experience occurred in real life and not the internet...
    Don't worry. All of us here in your screen are imaginary.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I have not found that to be particularly true.

Then again, the experience occurred in real life and not the internet, so I'm sure internet raccoons die instantly when shot in the head.
    And that is why I use a 20MM HE for all my hunting needs. From coons and prairie dogs to deer and elk.

It is a pity that there is rarely anything left of the animal.

This post adds nothing to the discussion.

You've shot raccoons with .22s and they didn't die? Ok. Other people have had different results. That's one of the the ideas behind a discussion forum..to talk about different outcomes from similar inputs.

There's lots of reasons to hate the Internet and people on the Internet. Please don't be one of those reasons/people. Especially here.

Thank you.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

RECAP:

My personal situation was resolved with a high-intensity strobing flashlight, a relatively powerful green laser, and trash cans with hinged lids on them.

Your results may vary as well as your options on the force continuum.

User Tag List