Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: This has to be Rand Paul's presidential bid op-ed....

Thought I'd bring this thread back from the dead with some interesting analysis.

If anything, this article reinforces my belief that millennials suck.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Thought I'd bring this thread back from the dead with some interesting analysis.
    The college age vote swings Liberal? No! When did that happen? /sarc
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I don't think the democrats have a lock on anything, including the youth vote. I remember the one bright spot about the VA governor's election was that super con Ken Cuccinelli won the 18-24 vote: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/1...ers-99568.html.

IF Rand Paul can win over enough Ron Paul supporters AND be the premiere GOP candidate, he will be very well-positioned for 2016. But that's a big IF and AND.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    The college age vote swings Liberal? No! When did that happen? /sarc
    There's been a lot of talk from Paul supporters about making inroads with young voters. He's supposed to have a lot of appeal there that most Rs don't, but apparently that's not the case. I think the results here are surprising to a lot of people. One way or another, I think Republicans are going to have to make progress with some traditionally liberal voting demographics if they ever want to re-take the White House. I think its worth discussing if Paul is a guy who can do that.

This has to be Rand Paul's presidential bid op-ed....

As a "millennial" or gen y ( I'm 28) I can honestly say that a lot of us are not as liberal slanted as some people think. Many in my generation see the writing on the wall and would vote for someone with the right stance and campaign savvy. Look at what our options have been the last two elections and tell me, being a young person, who would YOU have voted for? McCain? I abstained. Romney, I only voted for him because of the disaster that was Obama's first term. I would vote for Rand before I would vote for almost anyone else on the ticket because he seems, I don't know, genuine. He has convictions that he seems to stick to. Much like candidate Obama he seems to be good at articulating his views. I think he would eat Hillary alive in a debate. Just my .02.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and real words.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NerdAlert View Post
    I think he would eat Hillary alive in a debate.
    Only if Candy Crowley is not the moderator.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by NerdAlert View Post
    As a "millennial" or gen y ( I'm 28) I can honestly say that a lot of us are not as liberal slanted as some people think. Many in my generation see the writing on the wall and would vote for someone with the right stance and campaign savvy. Look at what our options have been the last two elections and tell me, being a young person, who would YOU have voted for? McCain? I abstained. Romney, I only voted for him because of the disaster that was Obama's first term. I would vote for Rand before I would vote for almost anyone else on the ticket because he seems, I don't know, genuine. He has convictions that he seems to stick to. Much like candidate Obama he seems to be good at articulating his views. I think he would eat Hillary alive in a debate. Just my .02.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and real words.
    You're doing this all wrong! But you should have happier choices coming up.

There is no virtue in enabling the worse of two evils by being too good to vote for lesser of the two evils! Romney is not my idea of ideological perfection but he is one bull stud of an executive that could get things done. Gigantic mistake by voters that did not recognize this.

I do not ascribe all blame to candidates as most punditry does. I actually think the majority of the blame belongs to the voters or non-voters.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    There is no virtue in enabling the worse of two evils by being too good to vote for lesser of the two evils!
    There most certainly is! Besides the slow consistent progress towards solutions that might actually help; in other words, even if it were true that voting for Good can only foster the worst Evil, which is certainly not true. But if it were:

If we're going to hell in a hand-basket I'd rather get it over with so we can start rebuilding. If my three alternatives are life, quick death, or slow death, I'm voting for life. Otherwise, give me the "worst" evil, a quick clean death, to go down fighting with my ballot in my hands.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Quote Originally Posted by MDS View Post
    There most certainly is! Besides the slow consistent progress towards solutions that might actually help; in other words, even if it were true that voting for Good can only foster the worst Evil, which is certainly not true. But if it were:

If we're going to hell in a hand-basket I'd rather get it over with so we can start rebuilding. If my three alternatives are life, quick death, or slow death, I'm voting for life. Otherwise, give me the "worst" evil, a quick clean death, to go down fighting with my ballot in my hands.
    That is totally mistaken IMO. What that did was ruin millions of lives since 2009 - driven out of the workforce. Families shattered. That didn't have to happen. This economy should be booming. It could be booming.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List