Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Mission Drives the Gear Train - Home Defense Carbine

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Stock. Remember about twenty years ago when Glock triggers were "horrible", until people got used to them. Same thing.
    They're certainly not VP9s, that's fer sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    They're certainly not VP9s, that's fer sure.
    AR triggers are very much like 1911 triggers. They are definitely not like AR/1911 triggers. With that said, like the Glock or other polymer guns or even the DA/SA or LEM guns, you just need to "learn" the trigger. You can learn an AUG trigger and it is a good field/street trigger (here we go again) that is not a huge problem for most situations. I can get sub MOA with the trigger in the thing, which is all I really can ask for at this point.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Necrobump but here's what I've settled on for my needs:

BCM LW 11.5" upper
    10" KMR handguard
    BCM BCG
    BCM GF Comp
    BCM GF Ambi CH
    Troy folding BUIS
    Trijicon SRS
    SF M300 Mini Scout light
    BCM lower
    GF Mod 3 grip
    Geissele S3G trigger
    VLTOR iMod stock
    VLTOR A5SR Receiver Ext.
    A5H4 buffer (6.83oz)
    BAD-ASS ambi safety
    SOB sling
    Many moons later and my gun remains almost unchanged. The only difference is a BCM stock. So it seems I’ve either found my winning combination, or perhaps a little maturity to stop fiddling with inconsequential increments.

Name:  6D64B5BB-4A04-4DAA-B328-2C8D0AC22674.jpg
Views: 741
Size:  74.8 KB

NOTE:

I do consider MLOK superior to KEYMOD. However I have no need to change up what I currently have. It’s fine.

Many moons later and my gun remains almost unchanged. The only difference is a BCM stock. So it seems I’ve either found my winning combination, or perhaps a little maturity to stop fiddling with inconsequential increments.

How do you like the BCM GF Comp?

Does it do its job as intended but no more or less than any other on the market or does it do something particular/better that you like?
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    How do you like the BCM GF Comp?

Does it do its job as intended but no more or less than any other on the market or does it do something particular/better that you like?
    I can’t give you a meaningful answer. I think “do[es] its job as intended but no more or less than any other on the market” is accurate.

Jay,

I’ve been following this thread for a looooooong time. I’ve been into AK rifles for a long time, but knew one day I’d grab an AR. Well, it happened and I am very pleased with my new BCM M4 Carbine.

Can you please advise on the below questions?

1. Do you keep the magazine in the rifle with 28 or 30 rounds?
    2. Do you agree with my current storage method? I have small children, so I prefer to have it in a quick safe with an empty chamber, safety on, bolt forward.

Thanks!

Name:  CE31D1AD-1A1A-4535-96FB-05B06FF4FA73.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  69.9 KB

28 rounds.

I think your storage method is perfectly reasonable.

77 gr OTM for home defense? Too much penetration.

Great choice for your first AR15.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Jay,

I’ve been following this thread for a looooooong time. I’ve been into AK rifles for a long time, but knew one day I’d grab an AR. Well, it happened and I am very pleased with my new BCM M4 Carbine.

Can you please advise on the below questions?

1. Do you keep the magazine in the rifle with 28 or 30 rounds?
    2. Do you agree with my current storage method? I have small children, so I prefer to have it in a quick safe with an empty chamber, safety on, bolt forward.

Thanks!

Name:  CE31D1AD-1A1A-4535-96FB-05B06FF4FA73.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  69.9 KB

User Tag List