BCM lower
    GF Mod 3 grip
    Geissele S3G trigger
    VLTOR iMod stock
    VLTOR A5SR Receiver Ext.
    A5H4 buffer (6.83oz)
    BAD-ASS ambi safety
    SOB sling
    We're very close on configuration choices. Well, pretty close. Maybe kinda. We could probably still hang out.

BCM 11.5 lightweight barrel with 10" KMR
    BCM BCG
    stock M16A2 birdcage flash hider
    Surefire X300U at 12 o'clock
    BAC-CASS short throw ambi safety
    SIG pistol brace
    KAC iron sights
    Aimpoint H1 2MOA, Larue tall mount
    Padded Blue Force sling
    BCM Mod3 grip
    H buffer
    ALG ACT trigger because I like clean mil spec triggers
    BCM Gunfighter Ambi charging handle

Eats steel cased ammo like candy.

#RESIST

Jay, I too prefer 20 round magazines.

How are you keeping the second magazine on the gun? Not a fan of the Redi-Mag thing; too heavy and bulky for my tastes. I remember seeing some kind of pouch, years ago, that held a 20 rounder reasonably securely... but it keyed off of the FSB and therefore would get in the way of my white light set-up, so...

I only break out a carbine for hurricanes and other times when the power is out, because of the white light and optic; normally, my HD long gun is a Beretta A390 gauge chopped off at both ends (but still legal). And every time I do break out the carbine, I tell myself I gotta figure out a way to mount an extra mag. I've tried a few of the stock-mounted pouches, but they always seem to get in the way as well. Any ideas (from anyone) would be appreciated.

And FWIW, I keep the carbine "cocked and locked"; round chambered, safety engaged. By my "policy", the fact that I felt the need to have the carbine available means the threat potential is heightened. No chirruns, small or otherwise, to worry about.

I would dearly love to have an SBR with a short SureFire can, but I just cannot see the pros vs the cons of getting on that Class III federal radar scope. So I get by with stock Colts (6520, 6720, 6920), H-1s, and TLR-1s.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Eats steel cased ammo like candy.
    Mine eats 55 gr. Wolf like candy too... and I've got the heaviest recoil buffer known to man in it.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Jay, I too prefer 20 round magazines.

How are you keeping the second magazine on the gun? Not a fan of the Redi-Mag thing; too heavy and bulky for my tastes. I remember seeing some kind of pouch, years ago, that held a 20 rounder reasonably securely... but it keyed off of the FSB and therefore would get in the way of my white light set-up, so...

I only break out a carbine for hurricanes and other times when the power is out, because of the white light and optic; normally, my HD long gun is a Beretta A390 gauge chopped off at both ends (but still legal). And every time I do break out the carbine, I tell myself I gotta figure out a way to mount an extra mag. I've tried a few of the stock-mounted pouches, but they always seem to get in the way as well. Any ideas (from anyone) would be appreciated.

And FWIW, I keep the carbine "cocked and locked"; round chambered, safety engaged. By my "policy", the fact that I felt the need to have the carbine available means the threat potential is heightened. No chirruns, small or otherwise, to worry about.

I would dearly love to have an SBR with a short SureFire can, but I just cannot see the pros vs the cons of getting on that Class III federal radar scope. So I get by with stock Colts (6520, 6720, 6920), H-1s, and TLR-1s.

My original post is a bit dated. I'm using a single 30 round magazine now.

These are interesting.

Hey LL,
    Have you been using that pistol brace for a while now? If so, what are your long term opinions on it? The Mrs. is on the verge of building a LW carbine and likes the idea of a braced 10-12 inch AR. She's 5' 4", 125lbs, with short arms, and doesn't care much for how long my 16" BCM is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    My original post is a bit dated. I'm using a single 30 round magazine now.

These are interesting.
    Okay, thanks.

I run a 16" Piston gun as my HD and urban use carbine. It has a sling (Wilderness Giles sling), a 600 lumen Surefire light with a simple push button, and an Aimpoint Comp M4 red dot (10 year battery life with a AA lithium, and they last longer when left on, so it is). It is kept in a condition with a 42 round polymer translucent magazine in place (down loaded by two), no round in the chamber, hammer down and the safety on........wait, you can't do that with yours..........oh yeah, it is 27" long and when run indoors I can run it shorter than a pistol........
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I run a 16" Piston gun as my HD and urban use carbine. It has a sling (Wilderness Giles sling), a 600 lumen Surefire light with a simple push button, and an Aimpoint Comp M4 red dot (10 year battery life with a AA lithium, and they last longer when left on, so it is). It is kept in a condition with a 42 round polymer translucent magazine in place (down loaded by two), no round in the chamber, hammer down and the safety on........wait, you can't do that with yours..........oh yeah, it is 27" long and when run indoors I can run it shorter than a pistol........
    I didn't see that coming!

Sent from my iPhone, I apologize in advance for typos.

Ok, that was unexpected. I have to ask, how do you activate the light?

User Tag List