Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Clinch Picks are here.

Thanks for the info Jody. I'm talking myself into a Saddleback belt for Christmas, that's definitely something to consider.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde from Carolina View Post
    Jody, that looks interesting. I know I need to do something to make the egg tuck in a little more and print less for me. Maybe something like that is the way to go for me also.
    I had the same thought, and discovered that attaching a bit of foam to the underside of the sheath (between the sheath and one's body) close to the tip helps tuck the egg tuck in, significantly improving concealment for me. E.g.:

Name:  cpsheath1.jpg
Views: 854
Size:  32.7 KB

Name:  cpsheath2.jpg
Views: 841
Size:  32.6 KB

Clinch Pick Wrap

Here's a couple pics of the sheaths I made up for the Clinch Pick and Trainer.
    The belt loop can be mounted horizontally, vertically or at a 45 deg. angle on either side between any two eyelets. I haven't actually done the math to figure out the possible configurations but there are more than a few possibilities.

I'm sending a couple of these out to SouthNarc tomorrow for review and critique.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

Rich, what will the lead times on those be? and pricing?
    Chemist.

Let's wait and see if they get Craig's seal of approval. I have already found one issue with the sheath for my trainer that will be easily remedied. If I found an issue, someone with more training and experience with the knife may find others.

I carried the knife all day today at 2:00 with the grip on a 45 deg. angle below the belt and the sheath body inside the belt. The loop was on the second set of eyelets. It pulled in tight to the body, was comfortable, even when seated in the truck for several hours, easily gripped and drawn(not while seated).
    TANSTAAFL

Quote Originally Posted by Rich@CCC View Post

I carried the knife all day today at 2:00 with the grip on a 45 deg. angle below the belt and the sheath body inside the belt. The loop was on the second set of eyelets. It pulled in tight to the body, was comfortable, even when seated in the truck for several hours, easily gripped and drawn(not while seated).

Just for clarification - are you saying you worked the draw standing, but did not test it sitting; or that you can't draw it very easily WHILE seated? If it is the latter, that will be a big no-go from Craig. Part of the CP set up as envisioned by him is not just the blade itself, but how it is carried, so it can be easily accessed from compromised positions. The blade MUST be able to be drawn from seated for it to fill the role it is intended for.

Or is that the issue that you are already working on?

In the position I was carrying it, the handle/grip was deep in the crease of the thigh/hip when seated. There is no way of getting a grip on it from that position when seated. My sheath or any other for that matter. rotate the angle of the belt loop 90 deg. and the grip is above the belt line and that problem is gone.

There are 36 possible configurations of the belt loop on the sheath. I'm sure that there will be a placement that will work for most people.

The issue I was speaking of was simply an oversight on my part. The holes in the trainer blade create far more retention than is needed. I did relieve the depressions from these holes and it appeared to be enough but I found that there was still enough detent to drastically effect the draw even though it was not visible at all. the solution is to fill the holes on the trainer I will be using to form the sheaths. As I said, an easy fix that almost got overlooked.
    TANSTAAFL

We are diminished
    Rich -- I think there is a communication gap here, is all. You said you're carrying it at 2 o'clock. You're right handed, correct? If so, you're carrying it way too far over toward your strong side. See, e.g.:

lefty:

I don't think it's a real communication issue. Cecil raised a valid point and he is correct in that the way I was wearing the Clinch Pick did not allow for access while seated.

I was carrying for a right hand edge in Pikal grip. My choice of placement and orientation was one that worked with my strong side holster placement and allowed both strong side and weak side access. It is obviously not the best choice, just one possibility that I tried first.

TANSTAAFL

Anyone carrying these so they're gripped above the belt instead?

User Tag List