Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Prototype JM Custom Tuckable AIWB review

Back from the dead. Any updates on how this holster is working out?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    Mine works extremely well. As I said earlier, I don't wear this everyday or even weekly. However, when a tucked in shirt is called for its awesome. Very slim and comfortable, and unlike lost "tuckable" design's, there's no clips or loops on the belt.

Instead of starting a whole new thread I figured I'd post on this one. With my job I wear a tucked in collar shirt and khaki pants. I've used the Smartcarry holster which works great, but can be hard to draw from. Also, going to the bathroom is a little more difficult. Pocket carry is a nice option too, but I hate giving up the pocket space. I've never been a fan of the standard tuckable holsters. Yeah people aren't looking closely at my belt, but the clips just seem so obvious to me, carrying that way just isn't acceptable for me. When I came across the JMCK tuckable AWIB holster it seemed perfect. I already use a JMCK The George and love it. Having a tuckable holster that doesn't have clips showing and carried in the same position as my other holsters is ideal.

Only problem for me was the clip. I had to work around the belt loops on my pants. That resulted in having to put the gun in a location that just wasn't comfortable. So after some trial and error (and some patience on Tony's side) he was able to make this for me. I've been able to try it on with some different pants and shirts. It's perfect! It conceals my S&W Shield extremely well and even if my shirt isn't hanging over my belt the holster is virtually unnoticeable. I don't start work until next month so I won't be wearing it much until then, but once I get some solid carry time with it, I'll post how well it works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    Instead of starting a whole new thread I figured I'd post on this one. With my job I wear a tucked in collar shirt and khaki pants. I've used the Smartcarry holster which works great, but can be hard to draw from. Also, going to the bathroom is a little more difficult. Pocket carry is a nice option too, but I hate giving up the pocket space. I've never been a fan of the standard tuckable holsters. Yeah people aren't looking closely at my belt, but the clips just seem so obvious to me, carrying that way just isn't acceptable for me. When I came across the JMCK tuckable AWIB holster it seemed perfect. I already use a JMCK The George and love it. Having a tuckable holster that doesn't have clips showing and carried in the same position as my other holsters is ideal.

Only problem for me was the clip. I had to work around the belt loops on my pants. That resulted in having to put the gun in a location that just wasn't comfortable. So after some trial and error (and some patience on Tony's side) he was able to make this for me. I've been able to try it on with some different pants and shirts. It's perfect! It conceals my S&W Shield extremely well and even if my shirt isn't hanging over my belt the holster is virtually unnoticeable. I don't start work until next month so I won't be wearing it much until then, but once I get some solid carry time with it, I'll post how well it works for me.

Does that sit on your pants or belt? Pictures with it on?
    Last edited by 23JAZ; 02-21-2015 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Does that sit on your pants or belt? Pictures with it on?
    I'll post pictures with it on later. It sits on the pants and the velco attaches to velco I have on the back of my belt. No sagging.

I'll post pictures with it on later. It sits on the pants and the velco attaches to velco I have on the back of my belt. No sagging.
    Wow no sagging. I would think even a shield would cause some sagging if mounted directly onto your pants even with a good belt. Interesting.

xmanhockey7, looks good, thanks for the business.
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Wow no sagging. I would think even a shield would cause some sagging if mounted directly onto your pants even with a good belt. Interesting.
    Honestly I feel like I could use a normal belt and still have no sagging issues with this holster. My pants help keep it tight to my body and stays in place really well. Here are the pictures with my fully loaded S&W Shield:

Honestly I feel like I could use a normal belt and still have no sagging issues with this holster. My pants help keep it tight to my body and stays in place really well. Here are the pictures with my fully loaded S&W Shield:

How do you think the kydex hook will hold up over time, does it seem durable? I had a holster that used the kydex like that and it ended up breaking at the bend from being put on and taken off a lot.

How do you think the kydex hook will hold up over time, does it seem durable? I had a holster that used the kydex like that and it ended up breaking at the bend from being put on and taken off a lot.
    It seems quite durable to me. Only time will tell if that happens, but I'm not worried about it.

User Tag List