Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Prototype JM Custom Tuckable AIWB review

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    Up 1911, thanks for the pics and review. To answer some of the questions already asked, I designed this to work with small single stack pistols (shield, xds, pps, kahr's etc.) as it is not designed for an everyday carry holster with a full size or compact semi auto. I have never been a big fan of having a holster do more than the one job it was designed for so this was designed from the ground up to be a tuckable aiwb that would work with the slim single stack autos. I have it being tested with a Glock 26 and it works "ok" but the bulge in the front is more pronounced. Once its up on the website, hopefully by middle to end of next week, you can order it with or without the extra tuck, but they will all come with extra length. I used the Glock 19 length as a good compromise, but if the customer wants more length that shouldn't be a problem. I am also going to ship it with the male piece of Velcro attached and a piece of female velco as well. The end user is going to have to attach the female piece of Velcro themselves. I don't have any plans to have any other attachment methods as a c-hook or under the belt j-hook will still have a visible footprint. Let me know if anyone has any more questions and thanks.

Tony

How do I order one for a PPS?

SouthNarc, just order a regular aiwb with extra tuck for the PPS from my website, then tell me in the comments section that you want the tuckable design. Thanks

SouthNarc, just order a regular aiwb with extra tuck for the PPS from my website, then tell me in the comments section that you want the tuckable design. Thanks
    Cool, thank you!

Up1911Fan, thank you for the additional pics. They're helpful. Tony, thanks for the additional info. That all makes sense. Quick additional question: Does the profile and size of a 239 (technically a compact, but single stack one) rule it out of what you think would work with this?

t

taadski, the 239 should work great, thin with a short grip.

taadski, the 239 should work great, thin with a short grip.
    Thanks. I'll have an order in shortly. Appreciate the help.

t

Have you tried it with an LCR or j-frame?

Quote Originally Posted by linkscoach View Post
    Have you tried it with an LCR or j-frame?
    linkscoach, I haven't . This was designed to mitigate the bulge / deformity/ in the belt, so it has just enough wedge to hide a slim gripped auto. I can make it for a j frame/lcr , but it won't hide the bulge very well due to the cylinder . Let me know if you want to try it. Thanks

linkscoach, I haven't . This was designed to mitigate the bulge / deformity/ in the belt, so it has just enough wedge to hide a slim gripped auto. I can make it for a j frame/lcr , but it won't hide the bulge very well due to the cylinder . Let me know if you want to try it. Thanks
    I'll be ordering another holster from you for a glock soon. I might hold off on the LCR and see what happens.

These are up on the website . Thanks

User Tag List