Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Prototype JM Custom Tuckable AIWB review

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Ditto.
    I was gonna link this to TPI but wasn't sure if that was appropriate?

Absolutely dude!

Nice. It had a bulky awkward look to it I thought at first but really it is a pretty slick design.

Up1911Fan

Looks like he is putting some extra length on that Shield holster. Can you confirm that?

I like a longer holster for comfort like the G17 length.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by tmoore912 View Post
    Up1911Fan

Looks like he is putting some extra length on that Shield holster. Can you confirm that?

It is slightly longer than normal as the two screw's that attach the second piece of kydex along with their hardwear sit bellow the muzzle. Work's well with the extra tuck.

Up1911Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    It is slightly longer than normal as the two screw's that attach the second piece of kydex along with their hardwear sit bellow the muzzle. Work's well with the extra tuck.
    Since you are wearing it............do you think it would be more comfortable if it was as long as your G17 holster? I ask, because I have some comfort issues with a Shield appendix holster that is the length of a G19. It's not near as comfortable at the end of the day as my others for G17s.
    Last edited by tmoore912; 09-04-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Do you think, in your estimation, the added length may be an issue if the tuckable version was for a full sized pistol? I carry a full sized Sig in his normal AIWB holster. I'm trying to envision something even longer and I'm not sure it's super plausible. Your thoughts?

Also, it doesn't look like the design would necessarily preclude the addition of a full belt loop style of attachment either. It would just require a couple screws in the "tuck plate" by the looks.

BTW, thanks for the review and the great pics. It's very much appreciated!

t

Up 1911, thanks for the pics and review. To answer some of the questions already asked, I designed this to work with small single stack pistols (shield, xds, pps, kahr's etc.) as it is not designed for an everyday carry holster with a full size or compact semi auto. I have never been a big fan of having a holster do more than the one job it was designed for so this was designed from the ground up to be a tuckable aiwb that would work with the slim single stack autos. I have it being tested with a Glock 26 and it works "ok" but the bulge in the front is more pronounced. Once its up on the website, hopefully by middle to end of next week, you can order it with or without the extra tuck, but they will all come with extra length. I used the Glock 19 length as a good compromise, but if the customer wants more length that shouldn't be a problem. I am also going to ship it with the male piece of Velcro attached and a piece of female velco as well. The end user is going to have to attach the female piece of Velcro themselves. I don't have any plans to have any other attachment methods as a c-hook or under the belt j-hook will still have a visible footprint. Let me know if anyone has any more questions and thanks.

Tony

Site Supporter
    Since you are wearing it............do you think it would be more comfortable if it was as long as your G17 holster? I ask, because I have some comfort issues with a Shield appendix holster that is the length of a G19. It's not near as comfortable at the end of the day as my others for G17s.
    I've had no comfort issue's with it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    Do you think, in your estimation, the added length may be an issue if the tuckable version was for a full sized pistol? I carry a full sized Sig in his normal AIWB holster. I'm trying to envision something even longer and I'm not sure it's super plausible. Your thoughts?

Also, it doesn't look like the design would necessarily preclude the addition of a full belt loop style of attachment either. It would just require a couple screws in the "tuck plate" by the looks.

BTW, thanks for the review and the great pics. It's very much appreciated!

t
    Here it is next to my P226 in a JM AIWB. I personally wouldn't want the tuckable in a bigger, heavier or thicker gun. Much like Tony said, I view this as a purpose driven holster, not a replacement to my normal carry.

Attachment 1752

Attachment 1753

User Tag List