Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JM Custom AIWB for S&W 686 4"

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Factory rubber grips. I thought about getting some grips without finger grooves but these fit my hand pretty well. Looking to upgrade the sights in a couple of weeks.
    Here's what I did for my 686 sights if you want ideas. I wanted a tritium front with a plain black rear (just like my semiauto sights) and ended up with this config in post #14. Works well for me.
    http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...evolver-sights

MSparks909, thanks for the business and the review.

To everyone else who, thanks for the kind words and the interest. I buy blueguns or make my own molds from the real guns so if there is a pic of a holster out there I have a mold to make another one. Right know I can do the 686's up to 4" barrels, the Ruger GP100 up to 4" , Ruger SP01 up to 3" and the J-frames. I can possibly make a mold of a 4" 629 if there is enough interest. Thanks again and let me know if you have any more questions.

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    Here's what I did for my 686 sights if you want ideas. I wanted a tritium front with a plain black rear (just like my semiauto sights) and ended up with this config in post #14. Works well for me.
    http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...evolver-sights
    It was actually your thread that sparked ideas on sight upgrades. I'm most likely going to copy your setup.

Any update on the holster after a month of use?

Awesome. I'm forwarding this to my best friend and mentor who is a diehard old wheel gun guy. He still misses his favorite old duty gun -- a 686 with 4" barrel.

Good news!
    I managed to pick up a used 686 SSR, going to try to scrape up the cash for a holster.

I've only worn the holster about a dozen times so far. I've been fine-tuning/polishing up my trigger as of late so I haven't carried it as much as I want to yet. But on the times I do it carries fabulously, and after loosening the retention some I'm getting good, quick draws. It's amazing how much more concealable the rounded revolver grip is than a semi-auto pistol grip, especially under a t-shirt.

Any long term updates on the 686 and JM?

Nothing major to report. I carry this setup only 1-2x a month. I've been on a single stack kick lately so the 686 has been collecting dust for the last two months. Just bought some more reloading supplies so I'll start shooting it more next month.

I use to carry a heavy 3inch GP100 AIWB loaded with 38spl +P.

For some reason I never Appendix carried my M19,M13.M686 with 4inch barrels .

Mainly snub noses 1-7/8 to 3inch.

I sold off all my K&L frames in 2002. ( thinking I could always buy another)

But have been thinking of going back to a 3inch 357magnum either the GP100 or 686.

For some reason I shoot more accurately using a revolver. plus the heaviness of a L frame or GP100 tames the mild recoil of the 38spl 148WC or 38spl +P .
    I use to be able to yank the trigger as fast as I could and have a nice tight group at 7Y .

BTW

I also had my gun smith grind off the hammer spur on my belly guns

User Tag List