Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruger LC9

I Think that Ruger would replace the hammer and any other defective part, but I don,t think that would really do any good. Its not defective just a little rough like most new pistols.

LC9

I don't know where exactly on the sear, how big of a burr it is or how many rounds you've fired thru it, yet I'd suggest shooting at least a couple hundred rounds thru it before concerning yourself with it. I have an LC9 and out of the box the trigger was gritty for about 3/16" before the break. The pull wouldn't even register on a 9 lb scale. After 50 rnds the trigger became noticeably smoother, and after 200 it is very smooth, predictable, and softened to 8#'s. I've now just under 1000 rnds thru it of various ammo, 7 types of factory loads and 5 different types of reloads and have had NOT ONE SINGLE MALFUNCTION! One thing I would suggest is stoning a radius on the outside edges of the ramp. The sharp edges dig in to the aluminum frame liner. Other than that I've found no wear other than the normal slide/ frame/ barrel points of contact.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasmith536 View Post
    I don't know where exactly on the sear, how big of a burr it is or how many rounds you've fired thru it, yet I'd suggest shooting at least a couple hundred rounds thru it before concerning yourself with it. I have an LC9 and out of the box the trigger was gritty for about 3/16" before the break. The pull wouldn't even register on a 9 lb scale. After 50 rnds the trigger became noticeably smoother, and after 200 it is very smooth, predictable, and softened to 8#'s. I've now just under 1000 rnds thru it of various ammo, 7 types of factory loads and 5 different types of reloads and have had NOT ONE SINGLE MALFUNCTION! One thing I would suggest is stoning a radius on the outside edges of the ramp. The sharp edges dig in to the aluminum frame liner. Other than that I've found no wear other than the normal slide/ frame/ barrel points of contact.
    Thanks for the info. Your experience with the trigger sounds about like my trigger. I will give it more time , and I will check the ramp.

Simon

User Tag List