Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H&K P30 V1 Grip change

H&K P30 V1 Grip change

Ok. I have acquired a P30 for my birthday. This is the light LEM V1 version. I am left handed and have been shooting mostly Glock G19/17 pistols over the past 14 years.

I shoot thumbs forward with the Glock but notice that I ride the slide release on the P30 using this style of grip which results in the slide not locking back on empty magazine. I would think it would be the same issue for left or right hand shooters with this pistol. The only way I seem to remedy this is to shoot thumbs down like shooting a revolver. I never seem to take to a high thumb grip.

How do P30 shooters grip the pistol to avoid the slide lock problem.

I appreciate the input.

This is how I used to grip my HK45C and when I switched back to G19 I kept the same grip. I am pretty sure this topic has been discussed by some other on this board. As others have noted, the great thing about this grip is that it carries over to other semi-auto platforms with no need for adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxy View Post
    Ok. I have acquired a P30 for my birthday. This is the light LEM V1 version. I am left handed and have been shooting mostly Glock G19/17 pistols over the past 14 years.

I shoot thumbs forward with the Glock but notice that I ride the slide release on the P30 using this style of grip which results in the slide not locking back on empty magazine. I would think it would be the same issue for left or right hand shooters with this pistol. The only way I seem to remedy this is to shoot thumbs down like shooting a revolver. I never seem to take to a high thumb grip.

How do P30 shooters grip the pistol to avoid the slide lock problem.

I appreciate the input.
    I bought mine just a few days ago. P30S and I'm R handed

I don't have enough ammo to make a range trip worth while . Plus I haven't order my BT NANO IWB.

My Primary Pistol is a P229 no R and before that 1911

Like you I shoot thumb forward.

I've been dry firing.

I know what you mean about thumb on slide stop. I will try thumb forward and if it doesn't work out ? I will wing it.

I also cant seem to find a sweet spot for trigger finger to rest.

Good luck.

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Slide...orty-p2486.htm
    http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Slide...orty-p2487.htm

You can just get an "offending" side part, right one in your case. Them being in stock is infrequent event, BTW.
    Or take a dremel to a stock part, if you're handy with it. Or have a gunsmith do it.

Quote Originally Posted by KravPirate View Post
    This is how I used to grip my HK45C and when I switched back to G19 I kept the same grip. I am pretty sure this topic has been discussed by some other on this board. As others have noted, the great thing about this grip is that it carries over to other semi-auto platforms with no need for adjustments.

Dude shooting a sig?

Yeah I shoot my P229 like that.

but using the same grip on my P30S seems different /awkward . thumb resting at the end of SS
    Last edited by Rich; 08-29-2013 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Dude shooting a sig?

Yeah I shoot my P229 like that.

but using the same grip on my P30S seems different /awkward . thumb resting at the end of SS
    Never tried it with safety. If P30 has safety then grip it like 1911? I was referring to the LEM variant.

cut the slide stop down or swap it for a short

I use a similar grip with my thumb pinned on the same place on the back of the support side thumb, but having shot HK's for a long time I run my support thumb straight up and on the slide (no, it doesn't cause malfunctions) This allows it to clear the huge HK slide stops. Doesn't work out for the lefty's due to the ejection port, but for a righty I get a lot of meat on the grip without the thumb hitting the slide stop issue. It looks funny and sets off most of the thumbs forward guys, but it works great on the HK's (which most of them don't shoot).
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Came to HKs from Sigs, so I had already made the slight grip adjustments to keep from riding the slide release too much.

My grip is further forward than what the pic of Defoor shows, but that's exactly the placement of my strong hand thumb. For me, it is the culprit due to the fact that if it contacts the end of the slide stop lever at all, the slide will not lock back.

The meaty part of my support hand thumb, below the last joint, actually rides the slide release, but being further forward near the axel, and high, it doesn't cause any lock back issues.

User Tag List