Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Week 78: 300

Ran this again with a gen4 G26, Federal 147 JHP (9MS)
    OH: 82-3X
    SHO: 68-2X
    WHO: 23
    Total: 173

I wish this would stay open. I need another crack at it.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

LAV done Nighthawk 1911
    WWB 230gr FMJ

98 8x
    89 2x (best group just a tad low)
    94 1x
    ______
    289 11x

9mm M&P CORE w/ DeltaPoint
    WWB 115gr FMJ

95 1x
    99 5x (utter fluke but I'll take it
    _____
    279 6x

Sadly the Sheriff just came by (well a Deputy) great guy - neighbor (a mile away) bitched about my shooting in the backyard. He explained to her that I had a range and a safe berm, he left. She called back and bitched three more times and apparently Fauquier County has an ordnance about shooting within 100yds of a dwelling - so my range is stop dropped for now...
    Last edited by KevinB; 08-22-2013 at 03:49 PM.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    LAV done Nighthawk 1911
    WWB 230gr FMJ

98 8x
    89 2x (best group just a tad low)
    94 1x
    ______
    289 11x

9mm M&P CORE w/ DeltaPoint
    WWB 115gr FMJ

95 1x
    99 5x (utter fluke but I'll take it
    _____
    279 6x

Sadly the Sheriff just came by (well a Deputy) great guy - neighbor (a mile away) bitched about my shooting in the backyard. He explained to her that I had a range and a safe berm, he left. She called back and bitched three more times and apparently Fauquier County has an ordnance about shooting within 100yds of a dwelling - so my range is stop dropped for now...
    Jesus. What did you do in the military Kevin?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Kevin, I think you should go over apologize, offer to teach her and/or her kid to shoot, offer to cut her lawn, and explain your performance in the DOW depends on a convenient home range.

Finally, a drill that plays to my strengths, sort of (which is probably why I shoot this one so rarely).

Smith & Wesson M&P9FS (stock sights, Apex duty trigger)
    2hand: 87
    SHO: 86-1x
    WHO: 86-1x

Total: 259-2x

I may not be great at it, but at least I'm consistent.

I messed around with two Gen 3 G17's last night, shooting at 25 yards, as I wasn't thrilled with the accuracy I got with the G17 on the DOW, and this confirmed the pistols seemed to be shooting about 4-5 inches for me freestyle at 25 yards. TLG reminded us at AFHS in ABQ, after we ran this drill, that even at 25 yards, ammo can play a big factor in this. This morning, I shot both pistols again from sitting, and confirmed that IS about the accuracy I am getting with Aguila 124 ball. I decided to try some Federal 147 AE I had, and voila, it shrunk the groups in both pistols by near half. While my newer Gen 3 shot quite a bit better than my older Gen 3, both of them would have scored substantially more points on the 300 with the Federal ammo. (I also dropped a KKM barrel into the older Gen 3 17, and it still wouldn't shoot as well as the newer Gen 3 17.)

If you are serious about 25 yard and further shooting, it definitely seems worthwhile to choose your ammo carefully. Lately, I have been happy to get any 9mm ammo, but hopefully in the future the 147 AE will become readily available again.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I messed around with two Gen 3 G17's last night, shooting at 25 yards, as I wasn't thrilled with the accuracy I got with the G17 on the DOW, and this confirmed the pistols seemed to be shooting about 4-5 inches for me freestyle at 25 yards. TLG reminded us at AFHS in ABQ, after we ran this drill, that even at 25 yards, ammo can play a big factor in this. This morning, I shot both pistols again from sitting, and confirmed that IS about the accuracy I am getting with Aguila 124 ball. I decided to try some Federal 147 AE I had, and voila, it shrunk the groups in both pistols by near half. While my newer Gen 3 shot quite a bit better than my older Gen 3, both of them would have scored substantially more points on the 300 with the Federal ammo. (I also dropped a KKM barrel into the older Gen 3 17, and it still wouldn't shoot as well as the newer Gen 3 17.)

If you are serious about 25 yard and further shooting, it definitely seems worthwhile to choose your ammo carefully. Lately, I have been happy to get any 9mm ammo, but hopefully in the future the 147 AE will become readily available again.
    Same ammo in my warm up groups (embarrassed to say I actually warmed up for this one ) and my sweet OD Gen 3 groups were twice the size of my Gen 4 groups. Just sayin'. Didn't like the Bitterroot brand (who are they?) ammo I guess.

Unfortunately I have not been able to shoot much as a result of work overload and several unexpected injuries occurring since the beginning of the year--the nagging deficits from my slowly healing fx R wrist definitely are causing issues...

M&P9c w/RMR07 firing Fed AE9FP 147 gr FMJ.

94-2x
    88-0x
    91-2x

273-4x
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List