Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ambi mag releases for ARs?

Ambi mag releases for ARs?

Does anyone here have experience with any of the below?

#RESIST

I only have experience with the Norgon ambi release, which I am still currently using. Overall it's pretty easy to actuate and significantly speeds up left-side reload times. My only gripe is I find it difficult to fully depress when there's a full or mostly full mag in the gun. So I generally use it for speed reloads on an empty magazine, but if I'm clearing the gun or removing a relatively full mag for whatever reason, I just reach up with my right hand and use the standard mag release.

The knights on their factory guns is excellent, never tried it on a user installed one.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

I run a Norgon on my AR's; I'm cross eye dominant.

I honestly use the Norgons because I got a good deal on a box of 5, so each AR got one. They have worked well for me, and I have not had the desire to try something different.

I'm betting the KAC gear would be sweet, like virtually all their stuff. I've just never had the reason to try them.

Using a Norgon, not sold completely but it does speed up reloads for me (a lefty).

Why: Marginally wrong position, wrong size, sometimes difficult to depress, sort of in the same place as the bolt catch which has the possibility of making malf. clearances more fun.

Will let you know on the KAC once I get my Mod 1. Probably won't be for a while though, given how backlogged KAC is on them.

I'm a lefty and started with the Norgon but ditched it pretty quick. It had a very small '' sweet spot '' for an easy press. Most times it required a lot of force to depress. I switched to the Troy and never looked back. Easy to depress from any angle.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

I have three Norgons. They work for me

Quote Originally Posted by mizer67 View Post
    Using a Norgon, not sold completely but it does speed up reloads for me (a lefty).

Why: Marginally wrong position, wrong size, sometimes difficult to depress, sort of in the same place as the bolt catch which has the possibility of making malf. clearances more fun.

Will let you know on the KAC once I get my Mod 1. Probably won't be for a while though, given how backlogged KAC is on them.
    This is much more appropriate for PM. - Jay Cunningham
    Last edited by Jay Cunningham; 02-25-2013 at 02:03 PM. Reason: advertising in discussion forums
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

Site Supporter
    I've used the Knights Ambi release and I'm in love with it.

It's easy to reach and manipulate.

Just got my ambi Knight's release in and I like it a lot. Only dry fired and did mock reloads but it installed perfectly on my beat up S&W 5.45 (complete rifle) and works perfectly. Will be buying another for my 5.56 rifle.
    #RESIST

User Tag List