Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CO Appartment Complex Bans All Firearms on Premises

Quote Originally Posted by G60 View Post
    I have a feeling that some overzealous liberal is going to be fired.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by G60 View Post
    Interesting that the original article failed to mention that the complex was owned by the government, paid for with tax dollars.

At least they came up with the right answer in the end.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I have a feeling that some overzealous liberal is going to be promoted.
    Fixed it for you.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

We are diminished
    • Private company in CO tries to infringe 2A rights.
    • Government officials in two separate jurisdictions take immediate and decisive action to stop it.

You guys can read all the doom 'n gloom you want into this. What I read was: "Colorado politicians have learned to keep their freakin' hands off Coloradans' guns." The backlash over the Bloomberg gun laws is already having a very positive effect on local politics.

Hopefully the lesson learned by the liberal busybodies is, "those gov regulations you wanted, they always have unintended consequences."
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Interesting that the original article failed to mention that the complex was owned by the government, paid for with tax dollars.
    And, that it is a Senior's housing complex too. That's adds a different slant to the situation as well, especially since defensive firearms have generally been recognized as a great force "equalizer" for women and the elderly & infirmed, which I'm sure that complex has plenty of all three housed there.

Typos brought to you by my DROID... and my apathy.
    If you can't taste the sarcasm, try licking the screen.

Gettin’ old and blind ain’t for sissies. ~ 41Magfan

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    That changes everything, as a private land owner can do as they please; but a government entity is (supposed to be) bound by the constitution, and therefore can't (supposedly) engage in actions like this.

San Francisco Public Housing authority tried to pull this nonsense a few years ago as well:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Mon...sing_Authority
    twitter.com/ddbaxte

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    • Private company in CO tries to infringe 2A rights.
    • Government officials in two separate jurisdictions take immediate and decisive action to stop it.

You guys can read all the doom 'n gloom you want into this. What I read was: "Colorado politicians have learned to keep their freakin' hands off Coloradans' guns." The backlash over the Bloomberg gun laws is already having a very positive effect on local politics.
    And yet Magpul is still leaving the state.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    And yet Magpul is still leaving the state.
    I'm not sure I understand your point. Odds are Magpul's leaving is one of the reasons why local CO politicians have learned not to screw with the Second Amendment.

User Tag List