Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
Well, it's hard to generalize. Having grown up in the south, and seeing how slowly change occurs there, I would bet there are some cases that are racially motivated, meaning there are racists on the police force want to keep minorities down. More likely is that many in the South are racially biased, meaning a judge is more likely to issue a no-knock warrant in a predominantly poor black neighborhood than a wealthy white neighborhood or LEO leaders are more likely to send a SWAT team into a poor black neighborhood. This happens in other parts of the country, too, I just am more familiar with the South. Generally, though, I don't think no-knocks are racially motivated, but, just like the conviction and incarceration rates for whites and blacks, there is a systemic bias that results in discriminatory results. Now, solving this problem is not easy, and I don't have all the answers. But recognizing the problems is a good start.
Cody
Are you sure that the culture of crime/thuggery that Gardone speaks of in another thread might not be a causative factor?