Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: REVIEW: SW M&P Shield 9mm, w/ Range Results

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Brother, ALL of those primer pictures flat scare me. They all look like they're exhibiting dangerously high pressures. We train with M882 NATO ball, which if fairly hot ammunition, and I've never see primer flow-back and near cratering like what you're seeing. I would seriously forward those photos to S&W and ask them to take a HARD look at your Shield!
    Yeah.

I'm deadlining the shield pending a trip back to smith.

Back to the glock 26...

Is this a gun or ammo problem? I've never had an issue with any of that ammo with glocks.
    Last edited by Mitchell, Esq.; 03-24-2014 at 09:07 PM.

Its back with a new barrel.

100 fed 124gr +p+ hydrashock, 50 win pdx1 124 gr +p, 50 147 win bonded rangers, 70 135 gr +p critical duty and 300 rounds of various ball ammo.

All fed, fired & extracted w/o issue.

A few hangups with rounds nosediving on the feed ramp when I loaded the gun from slide lock and don't recall if I firmly seated the magazine, so I call those three user error.

Much better now that I have a barrel that is in spec...

So, SkinTop911, have you passed judgement yet on the Shield?

As noted earlier, I gave up and sold mine. I've been plodding along with the HK45C, and wonder of wonders, stumbled across a 3953 a few weeks ago; and then found nine like-new magazines for a decent price on the S&W Forum the very next day. More than coincidence, I'd say…

Tomorrow morning will be the first serious session with the 3953 (been waiting on a carry holster & mag pouch). Truth be told, I'm really holding out for the promised new HK sub-compact (P30SK, VP9SK, or whatever it will be)… but I'm not holding my breath for that one.

Maybe the 3953 will be a viable stop-gap. Whatever the outcome, I'm looking forward to working with it.

UPDATE

Reference post #81, 9/13/13
    http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...-Results/page9

Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911
    UPDATE

When I asked specifically about my magazines, the tech advised that none had been logged in when the gun was received. He was very gracious however, and said that two new magazines would be ordered for me. He could not advise when they would ship as they did not have any, demand was high, and that “it may be awhile.”
    UPS delivered these two replacement magazines, one 7rd and one 8rd, yesterday (12/20/14).
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

I guess demand was Really high for those magazines.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

REVIEW: SW M&P Shield 9mm, w/ Range Results

Without digging back through this entire thread again has anyone had issues with their Shield shooing left? This is my second Shield and I'm missing 2-3" left at 7 yards. It gets progressively worse as I move back.

This is my pattern at 25 yards. I was actually holding on the right edge of the 7 ring. Ammo was 115 gr Rem UMC. Same results with 115 Sellier and Bellot.

That's actually 15 rounds. Two missed to the left of the target.

For comparison this is a group from the 42. Same day, same distance.

One more picture, this is the barrel in battery. It's difficult to see but the barrel is sitting low and right. I'm not sure if this is causing the left point of impact or not.

I thought about drifting the rear sight but it looks like it will hang over the slide if I drift it at all.

I haven't shot this pistol much. Only have 450 rounds through it but I don't see much point in shooting it more until I get the sights fixed. Low round count but function and ejection has been fine with various FMJ including WWB, 124 Gold Dot, and 124+p Ranger.

Any thoughts?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Without digging back through this entire thread again has anyone had issues with their Shield shooing left? This is my second Shield and I'm missing 2-3" left at 7 yards. It gets progressively worse as I move back.

This is my pattern at 25 yards. I was actually holding on the right edge of the 7 ring. Ammo was 115 gr Rem UMC. Same results with 115 Sellier and Bellot.

That's actually 15 rounds. Two missed to the left of the target.

For comparison this is a group from the 42. Same day, same distance.

One more picture, this is the barrel in battery. It's difficult to see but the barrel is sitting low and right. I'm not sure if this is causing the left point of impact or not.

I thought about drifting the rear sight but it looks like it will hang over the slide if I drift it at all.

I haven't shot this pistol much. Only have 450 rounds through it but I don't see much point in shooting it more until I get the sights fixed.

Any thoughts?
    Write Smith a detailed email, attach photos and await a Fed-Ex thing in your in-box.

You could always drift the FS to line up. My 22C arrived with the FS and RS centered on the slide as it should be. But shot 2 inches right at 10 yards. Adjusting the rear notch to POI resulted in an unacceptable sight picture and presentation. When viewing the gun from a similar angle you show, i could see the FS was not actually centered over the bore. For a .22 plinker I decided I could live with a FS not centerd and opted not to send it in.
    Taking a break from social media.

Nevermind...reading is fundamental.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

User Tag List