Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Remington Pistols

New Remington Pistols

Saw this on another site. Looks like Remington will reintroduce the R51 plus a couple new pistols including a striker fired polymer pistol. I had high hopes for the R51 last year as a pistol for my father but we all know how that went.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...-r51/#comments

Somehow I don't have much hope for them after the R51 debacle

Quote Originally Posted by KVDT View Post
    Saw this on another site. Looks like Remington will reintroduce the R51 plus a couple new pistols including a striker fired polymer pistol. I had high hopes for the R51 last year as a pistol for my father but we all know how that went.

I am going to hazard a suggestion to move these humorous news to the Romper room.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I am going to hazard a suggestion to move these humorous news to the Romper room.
    Ah come on. There's no way they could screw this up again, right? lol

Quote Originally Posted by KVDT View Post

The R51v2 is likely worse then the troubled original.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Vending Machine Operator
    Look, I'm not actively rooting against Remington. Never was. In fact, I wanted the R51 a lot. But at this point, my resounding question is why?

There are so many good guns out there right now. It's a golden age. Far more tough, reliable, accurate weapons than I'll ever be able to afford. Beretta, Glock, Smith, Ruger, Walther, HK, and Sig are all putting out solid products and I'm sure I'm forgetting another handful of brands.

With each year that passes I'm less content to risk my money on the altar of maybe.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

They'll sell like hot cakes to the XD and Taurus Judge crowd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Rm380 is interesting, because the spec sheet says 9mm as well. These are obviously Remington's take on the Rohrbaugh R9. Remington bought Rohrbaug last year I think. Chances are, if they didn't try to cheapen it TOO MUCH, they could have a winner there. At least as the RM9.

I think I'll ignore these for the next five years and then check back to see how they're doing.

I expect there'll be a rather dedicated following on brand specific Remington forums, but for them to get little, if any, traction in more "serious" circles. I expect at least one recall.

Until there's some major advancement in small arms design heralded by a company that knows that the hell they're doing, I'm going to avoid this whole craze of chasing after new products. After wasting untold thousands over the years buying, selling, and trading guns, I'm right back to the 92 for serious day to day work and the 1911 for when I'm feeling frisky and particularly irrational. The former has been made much easier ever since BUSA awoke from their catatonic state.

Remington pistols will have a lot of "they suck" inertia to overcome.

User Tag List