Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Return to Black Hawk Down...

Return to Black Hawk Down...

Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Cold chills

Hard to believe it has been almost 20 years.

Then again, at times it feels like it was 20 lifetimes ago.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

One of the guys on my shift at the PD wasn't over there himself, but he was close with some the guys who were smack in the middle of it. When the movie came out, he wouldn't go see it with the group that went.

One of our investigators was there as a Marine. He tells of some baboons (or similar) that carried HIV and would attack people.

Lovely place...

Awesome. Thanks for sharing that.

That was a great video. I passed it on. Thanks for posting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Very well done!!!!!!!! Respect..
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

C2, Shughart and Gordon are on the ground, over.

http://www.history.army.mil/html/moh/somalia.html

http://23539196.nhd.weebly.com/the-b...mogadishu.html

I can't watch BHD anymore.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    One of our investigators was there as a Marine. He tells of some baboons (or similar) that carried HIV and would attack people.

Lovely place...
    Although it is true that baboons carry HIV (and have some HUGE, nasty fangs), it is a Simian strain and not communicable to humans. My mom has done a lot of research on SHIV, and said that the moment a strain was found that could jump to humans she was done. She has retired now, and I don't believe HIV/SHIV has crossed to different hosts.

As for BHD - it is really hard to watch without getting a big not in your gut.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ralston View Post
    Although it is true that baboons carry HIV (and have some HUGE, nasty fangs), it is a Simian strain and not communicable to humans. My mom has done a lot of research on SHIV, and said that the moment a strain was found that could jump to humans she was done. She has retired now, and I don't believe HIV/SHIV has crossed to different hosts.

As for BHD - it is really hard to watch without getting a big not in your gut.
    It's a wonderfully crafted flick IMHO. I just can't take the story it tells.

Like "The Sandpebbles" all over again. Magnificent film, but it kicks too hard.

We don't learn from history it would seem.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

User Tag List