Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any leads on a good handgun instructor in the Orlando FL area?

Quote Originally Posted by mariodsantana View Post
    I took a private day class with Frank Garcia there. It was awesome, but I wish I'd have taken the Cain class first.
    I guess I'm probably known as a Cain "fanboy", having written three articles about his classes for SWAT, but I agree with you that Cain first, USA second. I have trained with Frank and Shannon from USA, and shot with Manny in matches and classes (a Pat McNamara class we held at their facility).

Randy is going to teach you Weaver. he's going to teach you to ease to reset. He's going to teach you a hard front sight focus all the time. He teaches what he was taught, what he knows, and what works for him. But if you show up wanting to shoot Iso and you can do it well, he's not going to fight you on it. I, perhaps obviously, don't see anything wrong with this. I think it's good to start with the "old" way because Randy is fantastic at teaching and explaining the fundamentals that way.

I have yet to find a "post-modern" Randy.

The USA guys are great teachers for what they are, but I think you want to have a good grasp on the fundamentals from elsewhere before you go there.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I guess I'm probably known as a Cain "fanboy", having written three articles about his classes for SWAT, but I agree with you that Cain first, USA second. I have trained with Frank and Shannon from USA, and shot with Manny in matches and classes (a Pat McNamara class we held at their facility).

Randy is going to teach you Weaver. he's going to teach you to ease to reset. He's going to teach you a hard front sight focus all the time. He teaches what he was taught, what he knows, and what works for him. But if you show up wanting to shoot Iso and you can do it well, he's not going to fight you on it. I, perhaps obviously, don't see anything wrong with this. I think it's good to start with the "old" way because Randy is fantastic at teaching and explaining the fundamentals that way.

I have yet to find a "post-modern" Randy.

The USA guys are great teachers for what they are, but I think you want to have a good grasp on the fundamentals from elsewhere before you go there.

Thanks for that!! Ill advise my guy!

Who would be the guy for a 'modern ISO" type traning?
    Last edited by Prdator; 07-15-2013 at 08:35 AM.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    Thanks for that!! Ill advise my guy!

Who would be the guy for a 'modern ISO" type traning?
    That's what I mean by "post-modern", I don't know of one. "Modern Technique" is used to describe Cooper/Gunsite/Weaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayglock View Post
    George Zimmerman.

Too soon?
    You could have opened up with a "Knock, knock."

Another vote for Randy Cain

User Tag List