Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OWB Appendix?

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    Hmmm. I didn't see it either. He said he can still do them and to just shoot him an email. I'll try to post pics of mine tonight.
    Thanks my friend!
    SC

My usual carry setup is a Glock 9mm (17/19) in an OWB holster with a split front jacket or shirt. During the summer months however, I've found myself wearing a closed front shirt. Unfortunately this has greatly reduced my draw times as I need to lift my concealment garment with both hands in order to reliably clear the pistol before I can acquire a grip.

While perhaps not OWB appendix, lately I've experimented with moving my Raven Phantom OWB holster (zero cant/MD cut) from it's usual 3:00-3:30 position to just forward of the hip (2:00 - 2:30). Interestingly, the RCS FAQ describes the MD cut Phantom as designed for 2:00-3:00 carry.

While not a dramatic change, I've found this position conceals well and allows me to reliably clear my cover garment with my support hand only. My draw times are much improved, and my overall performance hasn't suffered much of a drop from this new carry position (I'm usually in the 6 second FAST range, and I've scored several 6-6.5 second FAST runs with this new setup).

I've found this method conceals well. Comfort is okay - I'm on the slim side and the holster has a tendency to rub my hip bone in this position, though this might more be a result of the stiff new belt I'm using. From a safety standpoint, the holster and muzzle still remain on the outside of my leg. I'm not yet completely sold, but it seems to offer some advantages over the 3:00 carry with the closed front cover garment.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Never tried this setup but goes between the belt and waistband appendix carry. Does anyone have experience with this holster?
    http://rhinoholsters.com/ver_2/

This is the Dale Fricke Samuel. The slight backward angle aids in the speed of draw. The tab that extends off of the belt loop near the trigger guard pulls the butt of the gun in super tight.

Thanks Sigfan26!

User Tag List