Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody know anything about Longmire?

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    However, as a counter argument: Katee Sackhoff.
    Gotta love someone who can piss off crunchy-groovy liberals in 140 characters or less.

I like the Ferg too.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by TNK View Post
    Y
    On the plus side, the show does attempt to address issues facing rural Western areas. There are shows about conflicts over logging, cattle rustling, and Indian gaming. The difference in authority of the Reservation in contrast to the state is an important part of several stories. Also, the depiction of the locals regarding the female deputy from Philadelphia as an “outsider” gets something right about how many people think out here.

There is also an episode about Basque sheepherders. There is mentioned too a presence of Mormons. Both were and remain a significant part of our history in the inter-mountain West.

Yet, I must be unkind and say the show is “Murder, She Wrote” with big hats. It recycles the familiar formula of television murder mysteries. It is the window dressing though that makes it worth watching.
    Well said and good observations. Folks out East look at me funny when I explain Basques in Wyoming.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by TNK View Post
    Also, Wyoming is now a “Constitutional Carry” state. No permit to carry concealed is necessary. Why cannot the writers read Wikipedia?
    Unless I'm woefully mistaken, that is incorrect.

As I understand the Wyoming law, a permit is not needed to carry a concealed handgun for residents of the state of Wyoming. Non-residents still need a concealed carry permit, presumably issued by their state of residence.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post

As I understand the Wyoming law, a permit is not needed to carry a concealed handgun for residents of the state of Wyoming. Non-residents still need a concealed carry permit, presumably issued by their state of residence.
    Yep.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    Yep.
    Only reason I know that, is from when I worked in WY as an out-of-state resident.

Site Supporter
    Re: Permits for those from out of state. It seems Wyoming wants to an eye on the outsiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post

Indeed it is a Constitutional Carry state as of July 1 last year. Had many a conversation in person with Gov. Mead about that very topic prior to his election. Is it simply a tax revenue issue or is it necessary at all under the Constitution?

Live in Wyoming, love it... cars are wrong, county numbers are wrong from time to time, people don't friggin' talk that way out here! Landscape is horribly wrong at times, Indian bar owners??? (not trying to be offensive, I have several relatives that live on the Rez and that was their comment)
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

Nice hostage rescue shot last night. Missed the head though

Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    Gotta get some of them Hollywood hollowpoints.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    My thoughts also.

User Tag List