Page 57 of 94 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the P30

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Okay another 150 down the pipe. I keep getting better at the lem. Mine is the tgs with medium trs now. I think im at around 750-800 rounds.

The lem is not forgiving. As far as bullseye work. I have to focus and make sure I have a good follow through on trigger pull. With a g19.5/vp9/p10c I can get lazy per say? Like I do not have to focus so hard every trigger pull. It takes more work for me to stack bullets. I am also struggling with drive the dot of the hd xrs. But I have always preferred poa/poi. I have not changed my grip panels because I stuck talons on her. But ripped them off today. They were squirming around. I have installed a bunch of talons and never had a issue. So changing the panels may help my grip/accuracy.

I believe if I pick up a vp9 to go with I will probably park the p30. I may be wrong. But that gun was so damn easy to shoot consistently and accurately. I love the paddle release and the magwell of the Hk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have both. I initially thought I would trade off the P30 for a VP9, but I like the LEM trigger better than the VP9. I run the P30 better also. This isn’t me saying the VP9 is an inferior gun though!
    I treat the light LEM trigger like a revolver. Just a smooth, consistent pull and the shots go where they belong. Don’t try and stage the trigger like some revolver shooters do though. The LEM doesn’t work that way.

Quote Originally Posted by KPD View Post
    I have both. I initially thought I would trade off the P30 for a VP9, but I like the LEM trigger better than the VP9. I run the P30 better also. This isn’t me saying the VP9 is an inferior gun though!
    I treat the light LEM trigger like a revolver. Just a smooth, consistent pull and the shots go where they belong. Don’t try and stage the trigger like some revolver shooters do though. The LEM doesn’t work that way.
    I agree on the roll through of the trigger. I think my problem is too much strong hand on grip. Need to try larger panels. I have little room for support hand with mediums all the way around. Also believe that this will help with my trigger finger placement.

I have previously owned a vp9. And with that gun, I did not have to try or think. Just point and shoot. I am going to pick one up again for sure. The wife also was much better with vp9 so that may be a nightstand gun anyways. Also nice to have more mags [emoji6]

I will say that coming from a firm dedication to ole' slabsides beginning this year, switching from the 1911 to the P30 is requiring more mental convincing than anything. Performance wise out of the gate getting back into the swing of things, I am pretty satisfied. Actually, better than I expected. I certainly have more to work on but the logic behind this given my circumstances just irritates me.

Try starting with small panels on the sides, being the flattest. Then work your way through the back straps until you find one that is satisfactory. Then, adjust for side panels if needed. Seems to be the most straightforward way of finding your fit, in my opinion anyway.
    IDPA : A454752
    USPSA : TY91150

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    I will say that coming from a firm dedication to ole' slabsides beginning this year, switching from the 1911 to the P30 is requiring more mental convincing than anything. Performance wise out of the gate getting back into the swing of things, I am pretty satisfied. Actually, better than I expected. I certainly have more to work on but the logic behind this given my circumstances just irritates me.
    I am not into shooting as much as some of you men and women. I have tried many pistols with the goal of finding one that feels as good in the hand as the ole 1911. The M&P 45 full-size 1.0 comes closest. But I always come back to the 1911.....it just fits my hand! I guess my biggest concern is 8+1 capacity when compared to 9mm pistols with 15+ rounds available. I do like my HK P2000 though.

like 1911's? practice reloads.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    This is interesting.

Just found out more. It's not the reset that's changed, it's the take-up. Reduced by a 1/3. Dubbed the V4.1 and HKParts does sell the sear.

Quote Originally Posted by twpayne75 View Post
    Just found out more. It's not the reset that's changed, it's the take-up. Reduced by a 1/3. Dubbed the V4.1 and HKParts does sell the sear.
    So they are coming from the factory as 4.1 now?

V4.1 is something I've heard a lot of stuff about. If it's how the "V1s" are coming now it'll make me more interested than ever in another P30L.

User Tag List